My repair is now an ornery toddler!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaM

Funny how the days go. My anniversary date slipped by quietly and without notice. Only after seeing another valve-a-versary did it occur to me that mine had passed by on the 18th. So, happy 2nd birthday, to my repair!

It has been a lesson in "the best of times, the worst of times," and having gone the past few years, I am stronger and realize that even the darkest days can turn bright again, if you keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Since getting bacterial endocarditis in September of '02, I watched my business slip away, been forced to move due to financial troubles, lost my major relationship, struggled through insurance woes, survived heart surgery, recovered in the midst of a demanding job and 64 mile daily commute. . .

When my luck changed, I found the means to buy my first house, rebuilt my business, started a second business, traveled to Mexico, acquired the cutest dog in the world, and am (currently) hosting a Japanese exchange student.

It has been some of the most adverturous years of my life - thanks to all of you who provided support and came along for the ride. . .

Here's to many more GOOD years!

Great, Melissa! Things have turned out so wonderfully for you. What a nice post to read. I remember the tough times you had, and I also remember that you were in a pretty good frame of mind throughout it all. Maybe you didn't feel that way, but I think your positive attitude got you through.

Congratulations Melissa! Keep that good streak going - you've had quite a ride so far. Best wishes.

Melissa,

Melissa,

Congratulations on your two-year anniversary!! Can you believe it has been that long?? Wow!! Time has flown - as I am not far behind you in the anniversary department.

I hope all is going well with "Gun" (the exchange student for those who don't know his name). :) Come visit us in Estes Park soon - maybe to see the elk bugle? - that would be a kick for Gun. You don't see too many elk bugling in Japan, I wouldn't think. :)

May you have many, many, many more happy and healthy anniversaries.

Christina L.

Good for you, Melissa!

Glad to hear your health and other aspects of your life are going well.

Best wishes for many more years.

Back