My Own Protime comes Friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

QAS called today to tell me my Insurance had approved 80% of the cost of the machine and 80% of the supplies. My insurance is with Unitedhealth..Only took 2 weeks from time they received the paperwork from my Cardio...to approve it..It will arrive Friday and a nurse will call over the weekend to walk me thru the instructions..Nervous, but I'm sure I can do it..Bonnie:)

Hi G,

Fantastic! You will love it! Nothing to fear. Let us know if we can help, but it really is easy to use!

Good luck!

Rob

Lucky duck!

I'm still waiting for a reply from my insurance controllers. Hopefully soon. That was indeed a very quick turnaround considering how slow the health insurance organizations typically are.

Good luck with it and I am looking forawrd to hearing your experiences with the machine. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

I was nervous too, Bonnie..but it really is very easy so try not to be nervous...you'll do fine. The Nurse that called me was so patient, sweet, and very clear with instructions. She did not mind repeating anything. They'll be there for you if you have any questions at all. They're really GREAT!

My insurance denied twice!!! I got it anyway..but sure wonder why some insurances pay and some don't. My insurance is Blue Shield of California..PPO. It's a good policy and pays well for everything else. It's a bummer they won't pay for this. I'll just go to the lab when I feel like it now and they'll have to pay that since I'll be paying for my ProTime supplies myself. Seems to me they'd have been better off being co-operative..Oh well...

You'll love the security you feel Bonnie...Happy Testing!

Zipper *~*

Bonnie, if you decide you don't like it or want it, send it to me.:D

I think I'm going to have a hard time with my insurance company, but after July 1st, they might just surprise me.

Testing on new Protime

Testing on new Protime

I know I will love it and share it with you Ross...We can send it back and forth on UPS:D I will be curious to see what my first reading will be since I was on the low side last week 2.4....I don't know Zipper why the Insurance companies balk on buying them..I am $54.00 everytime I go down to be tested..52 weeks times $54.00 is $2,808.00...in 1 year times lifetime..I'm 62 and hope to live 40 more years or more...so I guess I had a smart Insurance agent that took this into consideration...Just hope I can stay in range so we can start traveling again in motorhome...Bonnie

Protime

Protime

Hi Bonnie,
I too bit the bullet and bought my own unit yesterday. Like you, I was nervous about being able to use it, but Lance convinced me as do the testimonials here, that I will be able to use it. Mine should be here next week sometime. We have Blue Cross and they turned me down about buying the protime - I'm going to ask them about paying some portion of the strips. I'm sure that I'm just wasting my time, but I'll try anyway.
Sharon

Hello Bonnie and Sharon:

We can do a test, from start to finish, in less than 10 minutes. I believe it helps to have a system for the procedure. Al sets all the stuff out in the same way each time. I help because he's still having eye problems from a stroke. But, I did test myself twice and found it is easier to test yourself than to have someone else do it. At first we were very intimidated by the little cup for the blood...and it is little. That and the two minute time frame for collecting the blood gave us fits at first. It's like anything else new. The first few times are scarey, but then the learning curve kicks in and it's duck soup.

I do have a couple of suggestions. If you have old eyes, as I do, get some reading glasses. My bifocals gave me fits. Also, you want to make sure the finger to be used is warm. Al holds a warm cup for a few minutes. Just before he's ready, I squeeze the finger for a few seconds. That seems to help. Finally, relax. There's nothing you can do that is wrong. The worst thing that could happen is that you waste a cuvette by not getting enough blood or by not getting it in time. If that happens, you just start all over again.

Best of luck to you both.

Let's hear it for bullet biters

Let's hear it for bullet biters

Hey Bonnie:

I have just ordered my ProTime. The company I work for is being bought out. The new company might pay for the device but I could not wait any longer. Should be getting it by this Friday(28-Jun). Lance (from QAS) sent some finger stick samples for me to try. Ouch! (just kidding). I even used one of my guitar playin' fingers and no problem.

New toy

New toy

Hi everyone..My Protime arrived last Friday..I was outside watching for UPS truck..Didn't get here until late..The 3 ice pouches with Cuvettes had melted but called and Lance answered and said they would be fine..Watched video over weekend..Read all the paperwork and John and I did a test Monday before nurse called...Everything went so good. Patti my nurse called tonight and we did another one..Went just fine..She said with the new #3 channel to take out the cuvette a whole day early..But mine was fine with just an hour out of refrigerator.Free at last. No more..early morning drives down to local clinic for draws, ect...Card's nurse said just to call her a report in next Monday....I will have to take Protime in on next visit, July 10th and show them I can do it..Doctor has to sign and fax it back to QAS so I can get next supplies. Piece of cake. Bonnie:) P.S. It helps to close your eyes before you pull the trigger for blood samples:D

Close your eyes before you pull the trigger :eek:
How would you know if your going to lance the correct body part? :D

Funny Ross

Funny Ross

Blood is Blood..Oh is it suppose to come from your finger?
:rolleyes: Bonnie

Protime Machines

Protime Machines

I just found out yesterday that Medicare, as of July 1st, will approve protime machines with a request from your cardio for anybody who has mechnical valves and obviously is on Coumadin. They will pay 80% and if you have other insurance, QA will try to get them to approve the other 20%. Let me tell you after being on Coumadin for 18 years now my veins and my fingers are jumping for joy!

Linda

Protime machine, again

Protime machine, again

Ross, do you have Medicare?

Latest posts

Back