My Happiest Thanksgiving

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTZdad

As Thursday approaches, I have started to count the many, many things that I am thankful for this year. First and foremost, I am incredibly blessed to have such an incredible wife and son showering me with their love everyday. Secondly, I want to thank all of you on this site for your postings during my entire experience. I'm not just talking about those who painstakingly read through my diatribes and dribble. I'm talking EVERYONE. I perused the site regularly after my diagnosis prior to finding enough courage to sign up and contribute my own thoughts. The wealth and depth of your expressions gave me hope that things were going to be ok and also supplied me with a ton of solid information to consider. I appreciate the time and effort spent by all of you here. I'm amazed by the level in which we share our happiest/darkest moments with each other. To those that have made it through their surgeries, I wish you continued success in your recovery. To those who are facing surgery now, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. We'll be here with you every step of the way, and will be the first to welcome you on the other side. Please have a safe and healthy holiday with your friends and family. I look forward to continuing on our journey together. Thank you, thank you, thank you..from the very bottom of my (new and improved) heart. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm very thankful for all of you.

Tom

Tom,
Happy Thanksgiving to you also. Up until May 2008, my anal retentive personality kept me running through life trying to control everything and everyone. When I woke up after surgery first I thanked the Lord for allowing me to wake up (fixed). Then I let go of all the things that I had no control over. I have stopped to smell the cocoa and see people and situations for their challenges and beauty. This site is also a place where I find information and joy. I have personally met a few people from this site in person and consider EVERYONE here to be a part of my family. I wish everyone a peace filled day on Thursday.

Whole heartedly (pun intended ;)) agree!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and all of your families!

It should be a Happy Thanksgiving for everyone on this forum.
You are either post surgery and have resolved a major serious health concern or you finally we're made aware of one.
Either way we are all winners and extremely fortunate...I know I am.
I'm not saying I have not had extreme anxiety over my BAV and 4.5 dilated ascending aorta... and pending surgery...I absolutely have.
On October 8th after my first ever EKG (my family physcian probably saved my life) it was noted that I had a left bundle branch block.
On Oct. 26th after and ultrasound, echo, and stress test I learned I had the BAV and dilated aorta...and a few other concerns.
Until then I never knew that I had this very serious but resolvable condition. If my work load had been busier I would have rushed into work and skipped the EKG.
Who knows how many years it might have taken for my aorta to finally rupture? It is indeed a HAPPY THANGSGIVING!!!!

I agree 100% with all of you here...found out 2 years ago about the bicuspid valve and enlarged aortic root...at the last checkup a few weeks ago and follow up with a surgeon, I finally got word that surgery is needed...in the back of mind mind, I was always aware that this may eventually be needed...just thought it would be longer. Worked through many feelings this past couple of weeks and am slowly coming to a peaceful place about the surgery.

I am so thankful for my wife, children, and everyone here for sharing everything that your experiences.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, what a day! God has truely been at work in my life for the last 7 weeks. My hope and faith for a better life after surgery has never been stronger!
We just got back from our new church's Thanksgiving morning service. We had never been to a Thanksgiving Day service there before.
As we were leaving a couple about my age commented on my Penn State University jacket. They also stated that they had been members of the church
for years and had never attended a Thanksgiving Day service before. I told them that I was there to give thanks that I had finally learned about my BAV and dilated aorta and was having surgery real soon. They said that there son had AVR 6 years ago and was doing fine. So I said.. "where did he have the surgery".. They said.....the same hospital ...and the same surgeon... that I will be having...they could not have praised the hospital or surgeon any higher... so we are now going to correspond as I go forward on this unexpected but critical journey upon which I am now embarked.......AWESOME:eek:!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back