My follow up scans didn’t go as planned

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Spookygal
due to the way you interacted in the reply I can't really reply to that.

so I looked into the "reply" by expanding it .... I saw this bit:

but what about like 10 years. 20 years. 30 years lol
complicated by lots of things (not least that an 80yo statisticaly won't be alive in 30 years).

The further you try to look into the future, the murkier it gets. All I can say is here I am 50 years after my first surgery typing and doing things

my heart beat is still ok

I think it's very common in life, and especially in situations like this, to want answers and to know what's going to happen in the future. But, of course, no one can give you guarantees about that. And most people can't even give informed predictions about it, because everyone's circumstances are different.

You can find reassuring data out there in equal measure to worrying data. This is true for post-surgery survival, but also for many other things. But, how much that data applies to you might vary a lot depending on the population in the study and your own circumstances.

At the end of the day, I think it's important to keep in mind that the treatments (surgery) for valve problems and aortic problems are common, effective, and safe. These are some of the most common procedures that cardiothoracic surgeons do, right behind CABG and ablations. And, if the doctors and surgeons in charge of your care thought the risks of surgery weren't worth the benefits, they probably wouldn't be going through with it. For us, it's this huge terrifying thing. For them, it's a routine operation. Getting this kind of surgery done as a healthy young person, as an elective procedure, and with a team that has experience doing it—that's pretty much the best position you could be in.

There's only so much we can do. The rest is out of our hands.

@Spookygal
due to the way you interacted in the reply I can't really reply to that.

so I looked into the "reply" by expanding it .... I saw this bit:

complicated by lots of things (not least that an 80yo statisticaly won't be alive in 30 years).

The further you try to look into the future, the murkier it gets. All I can say is here I am 50 years after my first surgery typing and doing things

my heart beat is still ok

Can’t ask for more than that! Thank you very much Pellicle. How do you pronounce that? Lol

Pellicle. How do you pronounce that? Lol
well, like saying pell and following with the icle of icicle

so pell-icle

from the web:

Pellicle is the additional support to the cell membrane in protozoa, whose main function is to provide,flexibility and efficient hydrodynamics in the activities it does. Cell membrane (plasmalemma) on the other hand, is the barrier which organizes the cell parts/ internal structures.

PS back when I was shooting 35mm film I had an EOS630 and was always fond of the idea of an RT for sports and event indoor flash photogtaphy

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/film136.html
“RT” stood for “Real-Time.” The fixed pellicle mirror drastically shortened the shutter-release time lag. The camera was developed for pros.
Pressing the shutter button halfway readies the camera for instant picture-taking. It takes only 0.008 sec. for the shutter’s first curtain to open and the second curtain to close after exposing the film. The camera also features a continuous shooting speed of 5 fps, predictive AI Servo AF, autobracketing, multiple exposures, six AE modes and metered manual, and 15 Custom Functions.

... not bad for 1989

I think it's very common in life, and especially in situations like this, to want answers and to know what's going to happen in the future.
very ... thus we've had "Oracles" and Tarot readers for as long as we've had language I'd guess.

There is eventually a transcendent state where you may come to realise this simple aspect:

1706666586373.png

https://science.howstuffworks.com/math-concepts/butterfly-effect.htm
Best Wishes

well, like saying pell and following with the icle of icicle

so pell-icle

from the web:

Pellicle is the additional support to the cell membrane in protozoa, whose main function is to provide,flexibility and efficient hydrodynamics in the activities it does. Cell membrane (plasmalemma) on the other hand, is the barrier which organizes the cell parts/ internal structures.

PS back when I was shooting 35mm film I had an EOS630 and was always fond of the idea of an RT for sports and event indoor flash photogtaphy

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/film136.html
“RT” stood for “Real-Time.” The fixed pellicle mirror drastically shortened the shutter-release time lag. The camera was developed for pros.
Pressing the shutter button halfway readies the camera for instant picture-taking. It takes only 0.008 sec. for the shutter’s first curtain to open and the second curtain to close after exposing the film. The camera also features a continuous shooting speed of 5 fps, predictive AI Servo AF, autobracketing, multiple exposures, six AE modes and metered manual, and 15 Custom Functions.

... not bad for 1989
Ohhhhhh!!! That’s awesome! 1989’s a good year.. the one I was born 😎

Back