My appt @ Duke today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alicia

Its been a very very long day of tests, procedures, etc.. My heart function has improved! My EF is now @ 45% and my LV is doing very well. They did a special procedure at the Cath Lab to see the function of the new valve and its doing very well. The only problem is one of my lungs is partially collapsed. I have to keep working with my spirometer. I dont have to return to Duke for 6 months (yipeee). Just thought Id fill you all in.

Any expierances or suggestions about the collapsed lung?

Hi Alicia-

Just keep working with the spirometer. Joe has a partially collapsed lung. He has scar tissue around it. A few years ago, he had to have a thoracentesis (draining fluid off) and then a decortication to try to remove some of the scar tissue. But some still remains. When he was last in the hospital they looked at his lungs very, very well because he has pulmonary hypertension. His pulmonologist told him it might be possible for the lung to re-expand , but he would have to work at it.

So just keep doing what they said.

Alicia,
Been waiting to hear some news, preferably good! Way to go! Now, just get that lung pumped back up and continue your improvement. I don't have any experience with a collapsed lung but the spirometer is the best toy to be playing with now. Really happy to see your post. You remain in my thoughts...

hi alicia!
what a wonderful, uplifting post! i'm so glad that things seem to be going better for you. you are always in our thoughts (and worries). please do keep doing those breathing exercises and get that lung all better.
stay well, sylvia

Nice to see you feeling better Alicia. I think we all have been pretty concerned about you. That's great ... keep it up now!

GREAT NEWS, ALICIA!

GREAT NEWS, ALICIA!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Alicia

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS FOR YOU!!! You must be on cloud 9 right about now. Keep it up and don't forget that spirometer.....the best is yet to be.

Evelyn

Alicia

Alicia

Praise God. What wonderful news. I am so glad things are going better for you. You deserve this good news. Congratulations

Hello Alicia,

Glad to seem some Good News coming your way.

When I had some post-op lung issues, I was told
to use the spirometer for 10 minutes every two hours.
The longer and more frequent use REALLY helped to
resolve my problem. Hope it works for you.

You may also want to ask about cleaning the instrument
/ tube or having it replaced on some schedule to avoid
possible contamination and infection. Let us know what
your doc's or nurses say about that issue.

'AL'

Alicia

Alicia

Great news, thanks for updating us.

I'm with the others in urging you to keep up with those breathing exercises.

Prayers will still be going your way,

terry40

Latest posts

Back