MRI

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyD

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I recently had an echo and stress test and holter to check my mitral valve repair, my cardiologist has ordered an MRI, I am puzzled why he would do this considering all my tests are good,, I feel good and can exercise… what would the purpose of the MRI be, I though he was checking for ventricular tachycardia but have since been told the MRI would not pick that up.

I recently had an echo and stress test and holter to check my mitral valve repair, my cardiologist has ordered an MRI, I am puzzled why he would do this considering all my tests are good,, I feel good and can exercise… what would the purpose of the MRI be, I though he was checking for ventricular tachycardia but have since been told the MRI would not pick that up.
That's a question best asked of your doctor that ordered the test. Call his nurse and ask why you need an MRI.

Reactions: Eva
I myself are similar I have had 2 echo's back normal for me but I was showing some symptoms from my TR repair 10 years ago I think the MRI shows a lot more detail than an echo does. For me my heart is slightly dilated on one side which can happen post surgery but the repair looks ok. If it were me and they offered me an MRI I would take it on a heart beat!

Anecdote and speculation vs. an explanation from the doctor who ordered the MRI? I would ask the doctor.

Fortunately my new doc and cardiologist include why they are doing everything and ask me whether I have questions, and I can message them and don’t have to go through a phone tag process.

Last edited:
Back