Movin' on down the road

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd make the formal announcement that WE ARE MOVING to Virginia. Our house is sold and we'll be building a home down there and living in a rental till it's done.......

Haven't figured out whether I'm scared, happy, or overwhelmed, or maybe it's a combo of all of them. Living in one house for 32 years and on one island for 60, it's definitely hard to leave....moving to a great area with more property and a new home is awesome.Getting new drs., etc......well, that's another story.

Anyone with suggestions on packing, etc., please jump right in. I'm going to be above my eyeballs for the next few months. Hopefully closing will be the middle of August.....what fun, August in Virginia.....UGH. We just came back from there and it was hot this past week.

Evelyn

Sounds wonderful to me and congratulations. As far as moving suggestions - hire someone to pack for you (but be careful they don't pack the garbage). ;) :D ;)

Congratulations, Evelyn. I don't envy you the packing. We've lived in this house for 36 years and I can't imagine packing it all. Maybe this is a good time to downsize. Gina's suggestion of getting the movers to pack you is a good one! Best wishes.

New Yorkers in Virginia. You'll be the talk of the state. What neat little community will you be calling home?

Hi Evelny, Take every opportunity to rest...its a VERY tiring adventure. Packers sound good (wish I had had them). Very Best Wishes.

Congratulations Evelyn!
What an adventure!
New state, new house, new neighbors, new places to see and explore!
When we were first married, we moved eight times in eight years. One time we moved on Christmas Day--yuck!
Back then, we were young enough to basically do it ourselves. Now that I'm old :eek: I would let the movers do it all. :p :D

Hi All and Thanks!!

We're packing and will be moving in to a rental for about 9 months.....luckily it's 5-10 minutes from the house we're building, so it really really convenient. We're moving to a tiny community called Ware Neck. You're right......Northerners in Va....we WILL be the talk of the county. It should be fun and my cousin is about 15 minutes away, which is wonderful.

I do know I cleaned out junk last year and will probably do another cleanout while we're packing. I'm not bringing much furniture, will buy new lr. set when we get down there.

Anyone know of any good cardios in the Richmond Area? Or Pulmonary Guys. We're about 45 minutes from Richmond and about 1/2 hour from Newport news.

Ev

we've been waiting to hear about your move. I have no advice to give about packing, except that it will take you five years to find everything.

If you think it's hot now in Virginny, wait til Aug. We lived in Ballamer for 5 yrs and dang it was hot and that's right next to Virginny.

Hi Hens

BELIEVE ME, I'M DREADING AUGUST IN THE SOUTH. The game plan was to move in October, but that ain't what seems to be happening!!! Good thing the house we're renting has a/c.

Mary.....I couldn't even begin to imagine 8 moves in 8 years.....they'd be carrying my ashes with them.

Ev

Evelyn- you should pm Stretch- he's from the Richmond area and might know of a good cardio.

Ahhh....sounds great, Evelyn!

Good luck with moving and the new home :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Welcome me to stay overnight" ... Ingrim Hill ... 'Will I Ever Make It Home?'

Latest posts

Back