More ?'s From Shirley

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2hartsas1

happy sunday everyone!!!!!
the vic and i are still reading....& learning.
a doctor told him not long ago, that a part of his valve had come off and gone into his stomach, therefore explaining the stomach pain/problems he had been experiencing. no one else has ever heard of this and it sounds weird to me. any ideas????
also, a friend of mine whose hubby has all the same heart problems victor does, gave me some magnesium for vic to take, saying that would help the leg pains. i'll talk to the docs about it, but would also appreciate your input as well.
lastly, before i ask the docs, i know they had victor on lovenox for a while and then pulled him off. why?
we/i am still reading as much as possible as often as possible, and that's a lot, but i have to write a lot of stuff down (big brain fog here) as we have no printer (life is h*ll-hee hee) and sometimes it really helps me to be able to ask ?'s and get answers as opposed to looking it all up.
thank you all so much for your caring. hope all have a happy new year.

~shirley & victor

Questions? You shouldn't have any. hehe :D

Shirley and Vic, you are at a point where you need to ask the Doctors your remaining questions.

The valve falling off and going to the stomach? Sounds really corny to me, if it's at all possible, which I don't see how. I think someone is yanking your chain here.

Lovenox-Check the Doctor, I'm sure he'll have an answer for you.

Magnesium-I would run that by the Doc before starting it.

ROSS

ROSS

mornin dear!!!
thanks for the fast response!
yes, of course we will talk out everything with the docs, it's just been my hard learned experience that the more you read/listen to other people who have gone before you, the more you learn, and also that the docs sometimes need to be informed, themselves, by knowledgeable paitients. and yeah, i think that was so much baloney about the valve thing, myself.
i have had so much experience w/ docs from the absolute best to the worst possible and i guess i am somewhat skeptical of them and feel i must do a lot of homework before going along w/ any of their decisions. i just want to make sure that when this is done, victor and i will know as much or more than the docs so we can make good and educated decisions. asking for "been there done that" folks opinions here, and reading reading reading,helps with that end. so i do appreciate your responding, ross, and value your and others wisdome, always.
thanks bunches again, luv,
~shirley

If it's possible to have a piece of your heart fall into your stomach, then I'm a monkey's uncle, LOL. Firstly, the heart valve is "inside" your heart, and is involved with the circulatory system. Your stomach is part of the digestive system and sort of a closed system, unless the piece of heart valve traveled through your blood system and somehow managed to pass through those tiny little blood vessels and land in the stomach. Nah--I don't think so. The doctor is either a comedian or a quack.

Don't give Victor any medications at all, that you haven't discussed with the doctor, and hopefully not the comedian one.

Is Victor seeing a cardiologist? That would be the doctor to ask all these questions of.

Good luck, Shirley.

NANCY

NANCY

great sunday hon!
thanks for posting!
yessum, seeing card. the va here...well, hee hee, let's just say i think the doc was a duck...quack quack quack.......:D :D
aaaaaand once again confirming my belief system which is to try to be a LITTLE smater than the docs whenever possible! LOL!!!!
thanks for the input nancy, hope joe is doing well,
~shirley

I may be overstepping my bounds here, but have you two considered going to a none VA hospital or Cardiologist? I'm getting some bad vibes about the VA your going to. I mean no disrespect, just concerned that's all.

ross

ross

no way you could overstep bounds hon, we are here to learn and make family!:)
we both wish we had another option available other than the va here, sadly, we have nothing else. i have my private docs for my hep and related stuff, because i have had them so many years and they know my health situation and will do anything they can for me, even now that my insurance has run out. victor, on the other hand has never paid any attention to his health in general, till he landed in the er from a gunshot wound years ago. even then he skipped out way too early on the docs (ever the "mr. man"):rolleyes: and suffered greatly.
we don't trust the ducks at the va, which is why i am determined to go into this fully armed. i have astounded many a hepatologist in my day and can do it again in this situation. i read everyhting i can get my hands on and listen to those whom have gone before. we value each response, each opinion, each thought. it's one thing to read all the available info. i do at the hep site where i live;) and it is vital in gleening new info.....but there is nothing like first hand experience handed down to assist others. we appreciate any/all input from everyone!
thank you for your care and concern, ross. with your help and so many others here, we will somehow get through this ordeal-one step at a time.
~shirley & victor

There ain't no way on God's green earth that a piece of the valve got into his stomach without penetrating both the wall of the aorta and the wall of the stomach. In which case the result would be approximately the same as being shot in the gut -- he'd soon be fertilizer for this green earth!!!

The plumbing just don't run that way, unless he is one of them there aliens!

hee hee, well, i have always wondered a bit about victors heritage.......his family is a bit strange.....but , no, all things considered, i think they are probably earthlings!!!!!
i intend to write a book one day-"doctors say the darndest things"! i think it will sell big.

happy new year!
~shirley

2hartsas1

2hartsas1

It's great that you are doing research, it's a lot easier now on-line, there is a wealth of info out there.

When I was first diagnosed with heart disease I went to medical libraries and copied texts and read them with a taber's medical dictionary by my side, to help me understand all the medical jargon.

And doctors do say the darnest things!
good luck in your quest,

Terry40

Last edited:
Terry40

Terry40

yes, they do! quite the little "cut ups" aren't they!!!!

hope everyone had a great new years.
here's our latest and i need help (again-still):D

first, victor did not have a card as i had thought so the va is setting him up with an appnt. we saw a regular doc yesterday. he upped vics coumadin 5mg to adjust his inr, we'll see how that goes. they also rescheduled for a holter moniter which mr. man now realizes he has to do.;) actually victor is getting completely involved with his health (or lack there of) and again, i thank you all for your input, it helped greatly.

i have had them print out all of victors progress notes so i can start a medical journal (i have one for my hep-invaluable) to keep track of everything. where can i find a glossary for all the medical terms i will be seeing related to vics heart condition?:confused:

i was real surprised to read all of his stats came out great!!!!! all well w/in range!!!! so, that's the good news!

we're waiting to receive the appnt. time for the visit with the card.

thanks in advance for any help you all (we really do talk like that down here:p ) can give.

~shirley&victor

ross

ross

hee hee....knew i could count on you:D
thanks honey.
~s.

ross

ross

what? and scare you all into heart failure????? i think NOT! lol!!!!!
victor and i are both very tall, thin, perfectly shaped, young looking and just plain ol, downright beutimus!!!!!(in our dreams!):D
problem is, we don't have a scanner, printer, or a lot of other things we need (fax,copier- i could go on....) sooooo, as much as i would like, i can't put a picci on:(
but till we can....heee heee heee......we'll just leave ya in suspense!!!!
~squirrely

nancy

nancy

oh that is a good one too!!!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!! i have read so much today and learned so much more lingo....i'll be ready for finals in a couple of weeks!!!!!
hope you and joe are doing well.
~shirley&victor

MORE HELP PLEASE!!!!!

MORE HELP PLEASE!!!!!

ok, victor and i have been rocking along with all this for a while now, but as of late, he seems extra tired, extremely fatigued. it's like he never has any energy and could sleep all the time. i'm thinking it's because of the meds and his heart condition combined.....
any thoughts???????
i could call the doc, but a) we don't have a card yet, b) we don't have the same doc always, c) they would just tell him to come in and he WON'T!!!!
so, if someone could offer up an opinion, i would like very much to hear it....cause right now, it's all i have to go on...:(
thanks,
~shirley

To me, it sounds exactly like the symptoms that would point to a heart problem. It could be a combo of meds and heart, but Victor needs to stop this nonsense and get his butt into the Doc A.S.A.P.
Only the further testing is going to tell the full story of whats going on. ;)

I remember this frombefore we knew about my heart disease. Ross is right, You should get your man to the doc asap, alright? drag him if you have to!

Latest posts

Back