More numbers, more confusing info. Help!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67walkon said:
I've given up on the week long bike trip. It isn't worth it in the long or short run. And, I will take it easy on myself while they're getting the scheduling worked out.

Lynn, they can't do minimallly invasive or at least prefer not to. The valve has to be replaced, the aorta has to be replaced and they're going to do a maze procedure at the same time.

It seems so odd to feel so good and have all these things going on in there!

Happy Mother's DAy!
It's probably a good idea to throttle back on the biking. If you are like me you should also do whatever riding you will do without the speedometer on the bike. It's too easy to compete with yourself. I've been finding it quite pleasant to tool around at 13 mph for a change.

Yeah, it is extremely odd to feel great today and then think ahead to how you'll feel after the surgery.

Keep us posted

Fast Eddie

Oh, I'm so glad you're giving up that bike trip! It is not worth your health. I sort of figured the MI would be out and I do hope you're comfortable with Beaver. Did you ask about having it at Alachua General? I think you will find it much better there!

I didn't ask about Alachua general yet, but will. It might not be on the insurance we have.

Shands impressed my wife and I with it's efficiency.

The surgeon was talking about "1, 1 and 1" as a guideline. 1 day in ICU, 1 week in the hospital and 1 month at home.

We'll see.

Eddie, good luck tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for you, but you have to let me know how long before you're back in the saddle.

67walkon said:
I didn't ask about Alachua general yet, but will. It might not be on the insurance we have.

The surgeon was talking about "1, 1 and 1" as a guideline. 1 day in ICU, 1 week in the hospital and 1 month at home.

We'll see.

Eddie, good luck tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for you, but you have to let me know how long before you're back in the saddle.

Thanks. All well wishes and prayers are gratefully accepted!

I'm as ready as I will ever be. Let us know when you set the surgery date. nd to quote Phil from 'Hill Street Blues': "Let's be careful out there!"

Fast Eddie

67walkon said:

AGH is part of Shands, a little smaller and NOT a teaching hospital! Actually, when the girls in the office set up my surgery they talked me into it. Apparently you have a better chance at getting a private room at AGH than Shands (not sure they even have them). I did have to pay a little extra for my private room, but I would have paid $100 a day more if I had to....it was heaven!

Have you talked with Allison or MaryBeth at Dr. Beavers office? If so, ask them about it!:)

I'm glad you are backing off on the bike riding. My 16 yr old son's aorta dissected and that was the first symptoms that he had. He almost died and will face a lifetime of heart problems because he was not diagnosed in time. We are not trying to overly scare you, but the time to fix this is before you have symptoms. You sound like a very active healthy man and I think that you can expect a full recovery. 6 months may not be out of line, but if earlier is possible, I say do it earlier. Otherwise take it easy until your surgery.

Latest posts

Back