Mitral valve repair/replacement April 28th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, as you make your journey to the other side of the mountain. To fear is human, it is hard to not be afraid of the unknown. I wasn't afraid for myself, cause if I died in surgery, I would have went in my sleep.....but what I feared was...not being here to care for my daughter. Thank God....she is alot brighter ( and has more faith) than me....the night before surgery, she took my hand... said close your eyes Mom, and I will pray. She said a prayer and at the end of it...she asked God to send me a sign, which would remove all my fears...so I could go into the surgery at peace. Then..I slept...
Arrived at the hospital the next morning at 5am...did all the pre-surgery stuff...weight....answering questions etc. Then..a female nurse, named Joy, came in...said "This is your LUCKY day" I said....well, I had picked it, as it had been lucky for me years ago...as one of my daughters was born on April 14. She says..."Oh my, today is my birthday too!"...I said...my daughter is 38 today....she said........"So am I !" I got quiet a minute....then said...if your middle name is Ann....I am one very happy lady..........she said " How did you know??? My middle name is Ann"...I said...so is my daughters. At that moment.....I felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders...and serenity fill me.....no fear, just peace. I was smiling when I went into the surgery :)
Joy was my nurse in the surgery and for my 3 days in Cardiac ICU......................knowing she had been sent, made everything go smoothly for me ( and she was the best, most caring, loving, kind nurse I have ever known, I felt blessed to have her). I mean..... ok...1 thing....2 things...maybe....but the odds of all 3...was millions to 1.......so, I knew that morning, the sign my daughter prayed for, had been given to me. I am grateful for God's gift........as I never doubted all would be ok, through my whole stay......and maybe thats why I did so well post surgery.
Wishing you a speedy, positive recovery....may God's love light your way.
Renee

4/14/2011 AVR (Bicuspid valve with severe stenosis/ with a triple bypass (CABG) was supposed to oink, but now I moo :)

Latest posts

Back