Minimally Invasive

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had AVR nearly two years ago. The surgeon chose to do minimally invasive surgery, it wasn't something I'd asked for, it was something she just planned to do as it's often done when you just need the aortic valve replaced and nothing else doing. But when it came to the operating theatre the surgeon was unable to do it and had to do a regular median sternotomy instead - apparently she couldn't gain access to my aortic valve with the minimally invasive incision.

Yes, I was one of the fortunate ones that had no blockages and no other issues. Small horizontal incision about 6 inches over my right pectoral muscle. Drainage tubes were below the muscle, same side. Thankfully recovery went pretty quick.

I had the aortic valve replaced with a mechanical and the mitral valve repaired with the between the ribs procedure. This was 3 and 1/2 years ago. I was in the same situation as knotguilty and had no other issues that would have prevented this. Had no recovery issues and am glad I didn't have to deal with breastbone healing issues.

Latest posts

Back