Minimally Invasive Tricuspid Repair/Replace coming up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartvalvefix

This is my first post to the site. I have been visiting for a while. I am set to have minimally invasive (via my ribs) surgery to hopefully repair my tricuspid valve after endocarditis left scar tissue on one of the leaflets causing severe regurgitation. If the valve cannot be repaired it will be replaced. Both my cardiologist and heart surgeon believe that I must have had an undetected defect on the valve since birth that never bothered me. That gave the bacteria an opportunity to land on the valve and cause damage. The surgery is on February 9th at the Ottawa Heart Institute. I am very fortunate to have access to this leading edge heart center. Would like to say how helpful this site has been. It is a wealth of information and has helped me greatly to mentally prepare. I look forward to posting after my surgery.

Heartvalvefix;n862279 said:
This is my first post to the site. I have been visiting for a while. I am set to have minimally invasive (via my ribs) surgery to hopefully repair my tricuspid valve after endocarditis left scar tissue on one of the leaflets causing severe regurgitation. If the valve cannot be repaired it will be replaced. Both my cardiologist and heart surgeon believe that I must have had an undetected defect on the valve since birth that never bothered me. That gave the bacteria an opportunity to land on the valve and cause damage. The surgery is on February 9th at the Ottawa Heart Institute. I am very fortunate to have access to this leading edge heart center. Would like to say how helpful this site has been. It is a wealth of information and has helped me greatly to mentally prepare. I look forward to posting after my surgery.

Do you have your actual date yet? Oops I posted than saw the date in your comment. Sorry it's really late and can't sleep. Wow only a few days away, hang in there, you can do this!

Thanks for the welcome harrietW and the encouragement almost_hectic. Yes only a few days left. Getting a bit nervous. Had the preop yesterday which made it all the more real. Very nice nurse and anesthesiologist which for a pleasant experience. They prepared me for what will happen and what will be "attached" to me when I wake up. Fortunately because of the help you have given me almost_hectic, and from reading through the posts on this site, there were no big surprises. Just trying to spend the last few days relaxing as much as possible and getting the house ready for my return. Need to show up at the Heart Institute at 6:00 am on the 9th and they said that I should be in the OR by 7:30 am. Fingers crossed that everything goes OK.

Latest posts

Back