Migraine Aura Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I just had my valve surgery and I have noticed since right after the surgery my migraine auras have started up again. I know nobody here is a dr. but I thought you might have some feedback on the subject. I started having migraine auras approx. 5 years ago (not very often) then I had a few after the birth of my second daughter. I haven't had any for months until I had my surgery. I had 2 in the ICU and a couple since I've been home. Nobody seems to be concerned about this. I am a little sensative to everything going on because nobody thought there was much of a problem with the AI and anerysm and there was. Hope to hear from someone soon. I want to make sure I am not having a stroke or something.

Thanks!
Creed3

My Gosh, you are really hitting all the right keys tonight!

Had the same concern almost immediately after surgery. Suffered from migraines with and without aura in my early 20's. They went away completely, until......you guessed it. Right after surgery. It has been three years and I still get them frequently. At times with severe pain. Thought I was having a stroke. A CT scan confirmed not one episode or TIA. I did have numbness on my scalp and squeezing in my left arm. These could be the signs of either a stroke or migraine. Fortunately in my case, just migraines.

Have since been tracking my auras and migraines and convinced myself that it is all tied to hormonal fluctuations. Charting it helps. I do know many others with prosthetic valves that did mention the 'aura' concern. Doctors have not found a common tie to valve replacement and migraine. As soon as it is documented, we will all feel much better.

You should mention it to your doctor. My guess is they will send you to a neurologist

Latest posts

Back