Midwife visit - heard it!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma

Sorry to post about baby again so soon but I'm all excited...

Went up to the hospital this evening to meet my midwife - such a lovely lady!!
Did all the notes and bits, talked about downs screening, chatted about Clo's condition and then she got out the doppler (is that what the listening thingy is called??) which surprised me cos I thought it was too early.

She said not to panic if she couldn't hear a heartbeat cos its early. Easy to say!! lol

She had a feel first and felt the little bean straight away so said I must be the 12 weeks I thought for her to be able to feel it yet. Then she listened in and although she couldn't get a clear heartbeat on it, she was sure she heard it a couple of times and definately heard it moving around lots while she was perfectly still - she said it must a be a little wriggler! lol

So I feel a bit more relaxed knowing its there and she could feel it and I heard it. I can accept its too early for a clear heartbeat yet as I had always thought you couldn't at this stage anyway and am happy that it's been heard moving around, so am not panicing at that. I know I won't relax fully until scans are done but am going to try and relax and enjoy it a bit for a while at least.

Off to eat dry cereal now (she went on about it being a good source of iron!) - Yum!

Love Emma
xxx

Meant to comment on your fist post, sorry.. anyway, Congrats! :) Its definitely hard to hear the heartbeat on the fetal monitor thing this early. But, by your next apt, you surely will! Best wishes for an uneventful, and beautiful pregnancy!

Shannon

Latest posts

Back