Medication error...how long for error to be evened out or "washed out" ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 4 days to return to normal if all you do is drop a dose. This graph shows how I respond to dropping a dose given two scenarios. Do nothing or take half the missed dose with your next. This is a model but my personal daily measurements are very close.

8580330029_eebef88a58_o.jpg

So assuming I started on INR = 2.7 (INR is right Y axis dose is left) I typically return to normal within 4 days.

Great charts Pellicle. When I miss a day I tend to add 1/4 of my dose to the next 2 days. Not to much different from your scenario.

I think it's always hard to know unless you have accurate number from a day or two before the missed dose.

Great charts Pellicle. When I miss a day I tend to add 1/4 of my dose to the next 2 days. Not to much different from your scenario.

I think it's always hard to know unless you have accurate number from a day or two before the missed dose.

Hey bocco, long time no see, hope you are well
bocco;n857713 said:
Definitely, but I have been lucky enough to take my AM Sat reading then go out for Sat night and see on Sunday I have missed my dose. First time I took daily readings then took every 2nd day readings on subsequent "test runs" :)

Back