Medicare Program

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

QAS

I just wanted everyone to know that QAS is off and running with the new CMS (Medicare) home testing program. According to their guidelines, patients test every week and call their results into our 800 number. If anyone is interested, please leave questions here, or email me at [email protected]. Everyone is qualified, as long as you have part B of Medicare, been on Coumadin 3 months, and follow weekly testing requirements. Thanks,

Lance

Blue Cross Blue Shield

Blue Cross Blue Shield

Regarding BCBS, they will follow Medicare guidelines. This means that if you have a mechanical heart valve, been on Coumadin 3 months, and will test ever week, YOU ARE COVERED. Please call me if you would like more information.

Lance--QAS
800-298-4515 ext 2865

HOME TESTING

HOME TESTING

I had a mitral valve replacement with a St. Jude at the end of February and will be on Coumadin. We do have Blue Cross as our carrier through my husband's employment. I would qualify for all exept I am now on a monthly testing schedule. I am interested in doing the home testing because the cost of having this done is over $50 each time I go. My report is sent to a Coumadin clinic who regulates the doseage. How do I get this done with the insurance company? I see the Cardioligist Friday and I assume that I would have to get a prescripton from him. Are the strips covered as well like my husbands strips for the diabetes testing? We are in Illinois but insured through BCBS of Iowa. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

In order to qualify with BCBS, you will need to test every week and call your results into an 800 number. This is required by the model they set up for home testing. Please call me to go over details--800-298-4515 ext 2865. Thanks,

Lance

Medicare and protime machine trouble

Medicare and protime machine trouble

Dear Lance ,
Starting April first my husband will be retiring and Medicare will be my primary insurance ,. Will they pay for the suppies for the protime machine.

Also today I tired to use my protime twice in a row both time I got the same error 81-f3. So I went to my primary Dr. and had him take it it was 5.4. He has the same machine. So why did his read it and not mine?
THanks for any of you help. I have never had this problem before and it has been higher than this.
Sherrin Hutt

Confused....

Confused....

QAS Lance said:
Hello,

In order to qualify with BCBS, you will need to test every week and call your results into an 800 number. This is required by the model they set up for home testing. Please call me to go over details--800-298-4515 ext 2865. Thanks,

Lance

Hello,

MHV patients are required to test every week and call results into a monitoring service. The results or ranges are set by the Dr. and if the patient is out of range, one of QAS's nurses get on the phone with the patient and also call the Dr. The dr. changes the dose, and bills Medicare monthly for monitoring the patient, even though the patient never comes to the office. QAS is and IDTF, or Independent Diagnositc Testing Facility. You must be an IDTF to offer the new Medicare program. Remember, BCBS now also follows Medicare's guidelines. This is a new and complex program, so please call me if you would like additional information.

Lance
800-298-4515 ext 2865

Sherrin Hutt

Sherrin Hutt

Hi,

Yes, Medicare will cover your supplies when you receive Medicare coverage. However, we will need to get a new set of paperwork from Dr. and you will have to follow their new CMS model for patient self testers. Thanks,

Lance

Latest posts

Back