Mechanical aortic valve on recall --

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fundyfun

Hello!! I have not heard anything of late on the St. Jude silzone coated aortic valve , which is on recall. I was wondering if there is anything new happening about this valve.
I have one of those valves implanted and do not hear much about them.
I understand there is a class action suit against St. Jude medical in regards to these valves. Does anyone have an knowledge about this. Any new information would be appreciated.

I beleive there is something going on with a suits, etc. May be individual. Will see what I can find out for you Sandy. BTW, welcome to the group.

I appreciate your input and the sites you have
provided to me are very useful......thank you so much......

Check your Private Messages for more. The first one I sent has a broken link, but the second one is fixed. ;)

Hello ......
Once again I thank you for the information you are sharing with me. I'm sure I will be busy reading here for awhile. I'm still in a little bit of shock to realize how close I came to avoiding one of these recalled valves.
Had mine implanted on Jan. 11, 2000 and the letter I received from my surgeon's office said they were recalled on January 21, 2000. You can only imagine how thrilled I was to receive this news.
Your input is much appreciated...once again ty...
We are experiencing rotating black outs with power since last week, so if I don't get back right away it's because we are blacked out .

Latest posts

Back