MaryC - No longer in the waiting room

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryC

Wow - this is my 1st post surgery thread! Typing that even seems strange. I got home this morning from the hospital. I am probably feeling what a lot of you have felt after your surgery....just so grateful. Grateful for wonderfully skilled surgeons (esp Dr William Ryan); grateful for having such a loving supportive family; grateful that God helped me get over this hurdle in my life....just grateful. Well, I will continue coming to this web site and learning and sharing. This is not the end of my journey by any means and I have appreciated all of the knowledge and support from VR.COM that was passed along during my time in 'the waiting room'.

As far as my surgery, Dr Ryan was able to do the Mitral Valve Repair via the port access procedure. He said my anterior leaflet was not as damaged as he originally thought. My step-daughter bought a hand held recorder that she turned on with the surgeons permission during the consultation after my surgery. She will type up notes that will be distributed to my family for our reference.

Welcome home Mary!!!! Only walking, sleeping, eating and breathing for the next few weeks! No Super Woman activities!

Welcome home!:) Glad to hear the good report. now take it slow..one day at a time!

It's really good to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Home never looks quite as good as when you get home after OHS.

Be sure and take care of yourself now and enjoy your new life extension.

So glad to see you home. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery and glad you are going to stick around and help those in the waiting room!:D

Congratulations, Mary! I'm sure it's a fantastic feeling to be home and to be so very grateful! Take your time, take it easy, and have a smooth recovery!!

Jan

Great to see you on this side of the mountain Mary!

Take good care of yourself and get the rest you need.

Best wishes,
Ruth

Great news Mary....welcome home. Your story gives me hope. My problem is with my MV anterior leftlet...there are 3 clefts in it.

Did you wake up with the dreaded tubes still down your throat ????????????? If so how did you handle it ??

Best Wishes with your recovery.

That tube story is kind of funny, even coming from someone who just had heart surgery! There is a reason I am so obsessed with that tube. My sister and brother both had bad experiences where they remembered the tube big time. My brother's ICU nurse told us he needed to come completely awake before they could take the tube out and encouraged us to talk to him .....it ended up a nightmare for him. The anestisiologist called me the night before my surgery I kept bugging him about the tube and he said most of the time the tube is a nonissue. My family and I worked out a deal where they would only come to the door to see me from afar until the tube was out. They said the nurse kept encouraging them to come in the room and they refused. At one point they were kind of into the room and the anestisiologist began asking me questions to ensure it was ok to remove the tube. They were afraid I was going to look around and see them so they started ducking behind the hospital equipment. You got to love my family's willingness to comply with my wishes. Guess what? I don't remember any of it! :D

WELCOME HOME, Mary!

Good to see you posting again :). Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Get the word out" ... Collective Soul ... 'Feeling Better Now'

Mary:

Glad to read that you are home! That's very quick...

BTW, my husband, John, has an arteriograph on 3/15, then when we get the results, I'll be phoning Dr. Ryan for an appointment. We have all test results to date + tapes of the TEE.

Hi Mary -

Very nice to read this thread. Vent tubes? My valve surgery experience with it was especially awful:eek:; glad you don't have any recollection of it! Hope your recovery continues smoothly. Post again when you can and take care.

Latest posts

Back