Mark Wagner

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm native Pittsburgher too, a little town north called Cheswick. :) Go Steelers! :cool:
Know it well. Righ out side of New Kensington. Used to go roller skating at the Ches-a-Rena. I grew up in a small town even further north, Vandergrift.
Where do you live now?

Know it well. Righ out side of New Kensington. Used to go roller skating at the Ches-a-Rena. I grew up in a small town even further north, Vandergrift.
Where do you live now?

We're hijacking this thread you know. I know Vandergrift. We used to skate every Sunday night at the Ches-a-Rena, lots of fun back then. I now live in Austin, TX. Moved to Texas for jobs back in '85. Never looked back.

Mark,
Do you ever do long distance bike rides? I have been thinking about doing the Seattle to Portland this year if I can and looking to get some competition for those Lympomia "Team in Training" people as a heart team.

It really makes me chuckle when you brought up the 'Team in Training' people. I was running along side of some of them during the marathon, (and this happened a couple of time, in a couple of marathons) and their coach's would run by and give them great encouragement. Now I could be running right next to them by myself ... and do you think the coach would look over and say, "Keep it up man .. your doing great!" NOT A CHANCE! :D I guess you have to pay them big bucks to hear those famous words, "Go Team!" All smiling aside, they have raised a lot of money so I say, "Go Team!" (even though you will not say it back to yours truly. :mad:)

No, I have never done that bike ride, but this summer I am considering getting a nice bike for cross training and maybe in my foggy dreams, see an old man running a Iron Man someday. ;) I do have a close friend who has done that event, and he said that he enjoyed it, but would never do it again by himself. Mentally it can be really challanging when your solo. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back