MarciaB's Over the mountain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyW

I received this e-mail from MarciaB's husband this evening:

Hello all,

We awoke around 3 AM, arrived at the hospital at 5, only to find we beat out the admissions clerks, arriving late due to an overnight snowfall of 6 inches. We waiting in the lobby for about 10 minutes until they unlocked the doors to the admissions office.

They wheeled Marcia off right on time at 7AM. She was out of the operating room at Noon, conscious by 1:30PM and breathing on her own by 4PM. Her surgeon Dr. Kessler said everything went very well, and yes they replaced her mitral valve, with a state-of-the-art artificial valve made of graphite and pyrolytic carbon.

She will remain in the Intensive Care Unit overnight at a minimum. No word just yet as to how long she will be in the hospital. I expect she will be home by the weekend.

She is otherwise doing well considering what she went through. Christine, Ellie and I stayed until about 4:30, our very close friend Craig Mackey and Marcia?s business partner Julie Zender also spent the better part of the day with us lending good conversation and worthy competition for the many hands of cards that we played in the waiting room (we played Hearts, what else!).

The girls got her a soft stuffed kitty (looks like our cat Cosmo) for her as a substitute for the real ones. We visited and spoke briefly with her before heading home for dinner. I will return in the AM for a brief visit, then later in the day with Ellie for another visit.

The next few days will involve a lot of monitoring and progressive movement to get her on the road to recovery. Truly amazing what they are doing these days and to think that 50 years ago, none of this would have been possible at all.

Cheers and thanks for your support.

Bob B.

Hey KristyW,
Thanks for the update. It sounds like MarciaB has made it over the mountain is doing Good and will be on the road to recovery.
Let them know they are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care

Dave

Thanks Kristy for this.

Bob and Marcia: Wonderful news that Marcia's over the mountain and on the good side. Congratulations. Hang in there - see you when you get home. God bless..

Wonderful news! Wishing another mountain climber a smooth and speedy recovery.

Karlynn

We will be praying for an uneventful and speedy recovery. Great news!

Rick

Way to go, Marcia. Just like climbing one of our '14'ers, right? Just don't "run" down that mountain, now. Thanks, Kristy, for the post.

Paul

Dittos

Dittos

We're really appreciative for good news today. Thanks, Kristy, for forwarding Bob's report. Thanks, Bob, for taking the time to post when you have lots of everything else to do. And Thanks, God, for bringing Marcia through.

So glad to hear the news about Marcia. A friend gave me a stuffed kitten to remind me of our cats at home and this stuffed kitty purred when you pressed on it. I was like a little kid - holding and petting that stuffed cat during my lowest moments while in the hospital. It TRULY helped me calm down, I believe. I wondered what the nurses thought, though. Hee.

Marcia you will be home soon - please take it slow and easy. That will only help you to have a smooth recovery.

God bless -
Christina L.

Kristy,

Tell Marcia congratulations and make sure to tell her there's a group of us waiting to see her scar! ;)

great news

great news

another smile comes to Medtronics face!!!

dwfreck said:
Kristy,

Tell Marcia congratulations and make sure to tell her there's a group of us waiting to see her scar! ;)

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Marcia over the mountain

Marcia over the mountain

Hey Marcia,
So relieved to hear all went well. Get well real soon, we packed up all your belongings from the waiting room, but please come back and visit.
What a wonderful holiday season you will have now!
fdeg

Latest posts

Back