March 23rd for my AVR in Rochester, NY

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy,
One broken nose playing basketball...out of how many years playing? How common is that? You should be able to get back to basketball after a while. So maybe you'll need to keep the guy who doesn't know where his elbows are on your own team. Seriously though, it sounds like the more active younger guys do have a bit more trouble afterwards. It seems like they may have higher expectations in terms of the activity level they want to achieve later--and understandably so! But there are several young very active guys on here.

Oh wait, just re-read that this is your 3rd time. You're already a pro at this (if anybody can be). So maybe it's a good thing that you're not going into it over-confident. Sounds like everybody gives good advice when they say not to rush the rehab however, so as to avoid causing a set-back.

Sorry you are having to repeat your last few weeks of waiting. I would be very antsy too.

Thanks to all for the kind words. These 13 days can't go fast enough.

One last thing: has anyone with an aortic aneurysm experienced any issues with food getting stuck in your esophagus while eating? It has been an issue for me over the last couple of years, and I was wondering if it was related to my AA.

jimmy

I'm not sure this is related but this site mentions a "feeling of fullness" while eating as one possible symptom:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/aortic_aneurysm/page3_em.htm

Sorry about the delay but they are common -- I had two delays, one because of a bad cold. Also difficulty sleeping is very common. Might want to ask your doctor about a sleeping aid.

I had my 5.5 cm AA and a very leaky valve replaced six years ago at age 63. You will do fine, I'm sure. There are a lot of athletic options -- not sure if you play a really rough 5x5 game of basketball, but others can advise you better than me on that.

All best wishes for clear sailing all the way. Look forward to your further posts.

Back