Mara's Wedding Picture

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mara and Janie

Mara and Janie

Mara ..what a lovely photo ...thanks for showing it ...you could be in Scotland with all that green behind you ...hope married life is treating you both well and that you continue to make progress in your recovery .

Janie ...I live about an hours drive North of Inverness ..are you going to be this far north ?.....hope you havea great time in Scotland ...

Janie

Janie

David's Kilt is ancient hunting Stewart of Appin tartan. He gets to wear that tartan because his mom's madien name is McLay.

Gordon- the best man, is wearing the Bruce Tartan...that is Gordon's last name as in Robert the Bruce!.

In their sporrans-- the leather pouch ---they have wallet and car keys. in the old days men might have carried food, bullets etc.

I don't know what Gordon had on under his kilt....but David had..........under his....Hmmmmm.

We won't be in Scotland until next Summer....rats.

This digital wizardry.......

This digital wizardry.......

Hey Mara

I just played about with your picture on one of the photo-restoration programs and had a look under David's kilt. I kinda thought I saw a 'shadow' of the 'Lough Ness Monster.'

Could you confirm this?

My son was in Kilmarnock last week - He's Goalkeeper for one of the Irish League football teams and they were playing Kilmarnock in the first leg of the European cup competition. Is David into football? Which of the two very 'famous' Scottish teams does he support? or is he keeping it a secret?

Doubt you haven't checked that sporran very carefully Mara - Everybody round these parts knows that a 'Scotsman' wouldn't keep his money in such an obvious place - TeeHee

Last edited:
Loved the wedding picture, so colorful and you all look so elegant. I can hear the bagpipes in the background all the way to upstate New York.

Many wonderful years to you both.

Scottish Football

Scottish Football

Billy
David's favorite football team is Clyde they are in Scottish First Division. I guess it has something to do with Clyde always breaking your heart but, you can't let go.

Your son must be quite good to play against kilmarnock! That is great. What team is he with? David probably knows them. He worked in Belfast for about a year.

Despite what you might think about Americans...I have always loved soccer. My brother played for years and years. David and I get to see some of the English Premiere League games on satelitte t.v. over here. But, alas, no Scottish games.

David has to check the footie scores every Saturday on the web and even gets up early to listen to a Scottish football radio programme called "off the ball" on the BBC website. He loves footie.
-Mara

Wow What a picture

Wow What a picture

Mara, it's so cool to finally see you and David. It's a wonderful picture. I know you'll be very happy.

Beautiful picture!

Beautiful picture!

Love is wonderful and it shows in your eyes........God Bless You Both!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the pictures, Mara. I just love putting pictures with the names of my heart valve friends. Best wishes to you two.

Football questions...answers

Football questions...answers

Mara - Glad that you also seem to take a big interest in Football. Nothing as bad as not sharing your husband's interests and we all know how fanatical soccer followers can be.

My middle son Steven plays in goals for Glenavon F.C. which is based in Lurgan. He formerly played for Coleraine, Carrick Rangers and Portadown and is now at the stage of needing the big 'break.'

Although Kilmarnock won the game, it was good experience and exposure for Steven and his main opposition went away on Tuesday night when the other Glenavon goalkeeper head-butted a player from the opposing team and got the dreaded red card. That guarantees Steven premier position for the next five matches.

Still don't know whether David is a Rangers or Celtic fan I know that if you live in Scotland you gotta be one or the other........and maybe it was just as well that you didn't comment on the Lough Ness Monster or the uses of the sporrin. You're a shrewd lady.

Looking forward to meeting you both in TN

Rangers? Celtic?

Rangers? Celtic?

Billy-
David says he supports neither. His heart is with Clyde. He started going with his dad as a boy, and just can't get behind anyone else. Except the Scottish National team, especially when they play England. He says everyone likes Rangers or Celtic and only a true football fan could cheer for Clyde. But, his cousins all love Rangers! They certainly have an impressive stadium.

My brother got his share of red cards when he was playing. He was a defender and liked to "take out" the other team's forwards.

Good luck to your son. Does he want to stay in N. Ireland or head off to Scotland or England. Hey what about the US and our Major League Soccer!?
-Mara

so cool!

so cool!

Mara
It was so cool to see a photo of you and David. And a beautiful one at that! I wish you all the best, and bliss forever!

Latest posts

Back