Major Complications

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bill - Welcome!

I am barely two weeks post op so I don't think I can be much help. I am only sleeping 3-4 hours stretches also and am hoping that improves soon. Your meds could definitely be a cause of loss of appetite. The weight loss sounds great if you needed it but you do need strength I hope you are getting some vitamins if you are not getting your vitamins and minerals from your diet.

Hang in there - from the stories I have read here, it can be a long road for some with many bumps that have turned out alright. There are some very knowledgeable people here that I am sure will be able to help you.

Take care,
Lori

They managed to put me in a coma during my AVR which lasted over 48 hours. During that 48 hour coma I had two additional chest cracks for various reasons of which I suspect major incompetence...but who knows really. I was in twelve days with a revisit two days later for low INR.

It's been over a year and very tough at times...this is not fun but you should slowly get better, first day by day then week by week. Like Ross, I find myself without some abilities I had prior to the procedure and have to relearn some mental tasks. (along with other issues that may never resolve themselves)

Hang in there...your on the uphill swing and hopefully the worst is over! :)

Latest posts

Back