Made it!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sctb78

Well i made it! Pulmonary Valve replaced along with two ASD which nobody knew, including MRI scans anything about. Feel pretty spaced out but at least I'm here! Forgive any stage spelling etc, I'm so tired can hardly focus.

Congratulations and welcome to the other side! Here's to a speedy and uneventful recovery!!

Congratulations! I hope you go home soon and have an uneventful and speedy recovery.

Congrats! I especially welcome to another Pulmonary Valver. You'll find we're rarely seen in the valve arena, most folks here are Aortic valvers. Glad they discovered the ASDs and repaired them as well. If the ASDs were unknown, what prompted the valve job? It's pretty rare for them to go in and repair/ replace Pulmonary valves except in the case of congenital defects and most of those are TOF (Tetrology of Fallot) folks. But an ASD is not a usual TOF concomitant defect. What kind of valve did you chose? So many curiosity questions just because I'd not expected to see another Pulmonary person. Try to rest as much as you can in hospital and best wishes for a speedy recovery! When you're feeling up to it and if you want to, PM me and we can exchange stories. Linda

My valve had to be replaced to protect the function of my heart and stave of right sided heart failure. Recovery going OK I guess, not on much pain meds and moving around unhindered. My heart rate is pretty high and temp raised slightly so antibiotics to take. Hopefully this is the only bump in the road. My surgeon reckons the high heart rate is just my heart figuring things out with a new valve in there. Hopefully it settles down soon.

So git home after 8 days in hospital and things are going OK. My high temp came to nothing but I still have a heart rate of around 100 when resting so I'm on a beta blocker a day for two weeks until it sorts itself out. Off all pain meds except paracetamol and to be honest i dont have much pain unless coughing etc.
Walking is going well and things are getting easier each day. Hope I can keep this up!

Latest posts

Back