made it

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the club and glad you are here (well sort of ;)). I was told by my surgeon, cardiologist and Dr., the cardio rehab was not necessary. But, heck if it helps in anyway, go for it! I don't lift anything like Thegymguy, but I do exercise 5-6 times a week along with lots of physical work throughout the weekends. I now see how fortunate we are if the "only" issue is/was the BAV and aneurysm, as today these are relatively easy corrections. At your age and activity level, you likely have to really work at holding yourself back and not pushing it too hard. Once you get the green lights, have fun and hit it.

Although it's only been 8 months, my only reminder of the surgery is due to how I keep noticing how much better my energy is and feeling great! I wish you all the best on your recovery.

Thanks gymguy and dpalz. I like rehab because I can get guided on what I can or can't do. Otherwise I would go a million miles an hour. Starting next week I will only be going to rehab once per week and then doing the rest of the week at my gym.

Back