low voltage on EKG

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarno1973

I am over 4 months after AVR now. Recovery has been great and I am pretty much back to normal. A few weeks ago I had a medical check up and unfortunately there is still a murmur but I was told by my heart surgeon that this is normal. The EKG came out with "minimal voltage criteria for LVH". Intially I did not think much of it but it is starting to bother me a little bit. I looked it up on the internet and found several causes and it did not particularly make me happy. Has anybody experienced this and is it normal? I have been working hard lately, am a bit tired and now also feel some discomfort but not really at my chest (on the left side just under my rib cage).

My blood pressure and heart rate seem to be good. Heart rate around 60 or sometimes lower at rest. Blood pressure differs but most of the time lower than 120/80 (more like 108/75). The blood pressure is another thing that I have questions about. when diagnosed with the leaking valve my diastolic pressure was at 35-40 and systollic between 100-110). After surgery I was happy to see the diastolic pressure a lot higher which made me conclude that the "leak" had been properly taken care of. Now however I am abit worried because the diastolic seems to be on the high side in ratio to the systolic. I am not completely sure how blood pressure can indicate certain types of heart disease but I was wondering if for example stenosis could cause the diastolic blood pressure to be high.

Anyone has some sensible insights?

Thanks in advance.:thumbup:

Regards,

Jarno

As I understand it, the issue they describe is not 'low voltage'. I think that the electrical indication of LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy) is a voltage indication, and you show minimal evidence of that. I still had electrical evidence of LVH 1.5 years out from surgery (most if not all of us had LVH going into the surgery, which is one reason to do the surgery before we are acutely symptomatic) but now, 2.5 years out, my ventricle had completely returned to normal.
"Normal" or benchmark BP is 120 over 80, and yours, at 108 over 75 is excellent. Your extremely low Diastolic before was a result of the leaky valve (pressure falls when there is nothing to contain it).
Sounds like you are doing great. If you are still worried though, ask your doc. It's part of their job to let you know what is good, and what to watch for.

Latest posts

Back