Lost former IL Sen. to Bypass/Valve surgery today :-(

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gina,
Thanks for the post. Did they ever say which valve and what they did?
Take Care

Dave

That's all they're saying anywhere at this point. I hate when they do this. They go on and on about his political career, but say nothing specific about the surgery. :rolleyes:

Senator Paul Simon dies from heart surgery

Senator Paul Simon dies from heart surgery

Partial quote from USA Today.

"Simon's daughter confirmed his death at St. John's Hospital in Springfield, according to Peter Alexander, the law school dean at Southern Illinois University, where Simon started a public policy institute after his retirement.

A spokeswoman at SIU also confirmed Simon's death.

Simon had a single bypass and heart valve surgery at the hospital's Prairie Heart Institute on Monday"

I hate to hear news like this, as it is scary to me. However, when I read the web article, it said Mr. Simon had a quintuple bypass several years ago also. So, you see, he had several heart problems going on there and he was pretty elderly. God rest his soul.

Christina L.

Local IL news.........

Local IL news.........

Channel 7 Chicago just stated that it was "bowel malfunction" while on bypass. Basically backed up and poisoned him.

Stated to be a very rare occurrence. May he rest in peace.

It was sad news here in Illinois. No matter what side of the political world you "live" on, he was a good, good man. Too much sad news yesterday, with Kelly and Sen. Simon. Left me a little shell shocked.

Wishing all of you good health and happiness this holiday season.

Karlynn

"bowel ischemia" is what they're saying (the explanation is that there's no circulation to the bowel). Then his organs started failing and his family took him off life support. I believe this was a case where the surgery was successful but the patient died.

Couldn't agree more, Karlynn. Simon was a very good person-a rarity in politics. Met him once in the St. Lousi airport - very gracious. Remember Al Franken's perfect imitation of him on Saturday Night Live? It was hilarious and I'm sure Sen. Simon took it all in good fun.

Paul

Latest posts

Back