Looking forward to getting well.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sylgeren

It's been l0 weeks and I can say now, that looking back it wasn't all that bad. But I know it was. Like Nancy said this was the bigest thing I have ever had done. Sometimes I think I will never be the same, and other times I know I am going to be better than ever. My valve is now pumping hard and normal again. My out look on life has changed alot, and it's mostly due to all of the nice people on this site.
It's keeps me in line with what is important. Health and good friends.

Syl

Dear Sylvia - you have changed and you will never be the same. And every day you are going forward to better than ever times.

Did you drive yet? Know the dr said you could. Feels funny to be back behind the wheel. You'll be heading off to work, too, soon and that's just another step towards GOOD health. God bless

Hi Syl-

It sounds like things are really looking up and you have a new lease on life. That's what this surgery is all about. Enjoy!

Hi Syl,

For me it's been more than 18 months, but I still think about it every day. It also was the biggest thing I've ever done, and it WAS a big deal. Yes, afterwards we can look back and say that it was not as bad as we thought it would be, but would we want to do this again? I bet, none of us would choose to have it again unless it was a life or death situation.
I can honestly say that I am feeling great most days, but still wish that my energy level was greater. I want to exercise, look and feel like I did approx. 4-5 years ago, but I am afraid that those days are gone forever. I just don't have that kind of energy like I did in those days.
Anyway, wishing you the very best of health and give the important things your priority.

Heart Hugs,

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical
Coumadin 140 mg per week.

Latest posts

Back