Long time lurker, first time poster

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopherj

Doha, Qatar most days. Chicago, IL others.
Been reading the forums since I was first diagnosed with BAV in 2013. Got out of the waiting room in late October 2023 and now me and my on-x valve decided it’s time to come out of the shadows and say how much I appreciate you all for being a part of this community.

Shout out to @pellicle for helping me through the challenges of recovery.

Hello Christopher. Good to have you here.
Sending a big clap to you and your new valve.
Thanks for the hat tip mate ... its funny, I always feel awkward in accepting praise, perhaps because I feel that I'm just doing what needs to be done (and I happen to have a skill set suitable).

back pat accepted with genuine modesty

Best Wishes

Been reading the forums since I was first diagnosed with BAV in 2013. Got out of the waiting room in late October 2023 and now me and my on-x valve decided it’s time to come out of the shadows and say how much I appreciate you all for being a part of this community.

Shout out to @pellicle for helping me through the challenges of recovery.
Congrats! How loud is the valve? I have to choose one soon and am torn

I may not be the right person to ask since the on-x I got is the biggest one they make. What I will say is that post surgery I’m much more inclined to listen to my heart than I was pre surgery. And that alone makes me notice my heart beats mechanical click more. As I move further and further away from the surgery date I find the sound is dampening and myself noticing less and less.

I don't think you can go by others' experience on this question. Seems like there are other factors at play in how loud your valve might sound to YOU. I have an On-x and have never heard a peep from it. Others say theirs is so loud it drives them crazy.

Back