Little girl at Duke

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll repeat myself, I DO feel bad for the girl's family, it just really hit a nerve when I READ that the mother was sort of blaming the US for Duke's mistake. NOT OUR FAULT!

The mother is mourning the loss of her child. Whatever she says is understandable under the circumstances. She is a mother who lost her child. You are a mother, how would you feel? There are no gray areas when it comes to that.

Im sure its a very emotional time for the Mother and the rest of the family. I would blame Duke also (not the entire US). Yes they were here illegaly but a child is a child and needed an organ just as bad as an American would have needed one. And yes I would sue the pants off Duke also even though it wont bring their child back. I dont think the Mother is trying to get rich, but doing what she feels is justification (which she deserves).

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Our "duty" is to our American citizens.

Our "duty" is to our American citizens.

But Gail.......... What if I?m in England illegally?

According to a person representing the donor program, the program is a United States program. He stumbled for words to explain how this girl got the organs above an American citizen.... he couldn?t.

Ross, you don?t get it! There was a fellow American in need! An illegal alien bumped him from that spot. Who do you help first? The American or the illegal alien?

I?m a very compassionate person. I feel great sorrow for this girl and her family. I feel great sorrow for the children all across the world who I cannot help. I feel great sorrow for all the American children on that same list who got bumped another notch down when an illegal alien took that spot.

Her daughter wan't dead when she said it. I would be blaming the damn surgeon, not the whole country. When my brothers grewup, they were poor, when I grew up, we had money. But seeing as little as my brothers had, I was always grateful at everything I got. I just feel like her daughter was given a chance here that she would have never gotten in mexico. It's the surgeon's fault, and they should have checked this guy's background before chosing him. They had a spokesperson, he should have done that. He has done two other transplants in which the patients did not survive. I would do research on the surgeon, as I did with mine, before I let them operate. It would never happen to my kids.

Ross,
What you stated: We all have something to blame, be jealous of, be mad at, etc...." should be framed and mounted on every wall. Kind of puts some of our pettiness in perspective...

I take great pride at being an american citizen. Most people who get caught at the border being smuggled in go back to where they came from. Maybe this family should have too. If we were in England illegally, you bet we'd be turned down, and why? Because we are americans. I would like to know how she got on that list. I don't pay taxes so some illegal alien can get medical care, I pay them so AMERICAN'S can get the care they need and deserve.

Fire in R.I.

Fire in R.I.

So sad, we lost 98 young Americans in a horrible fire..but all that was on morning news, all stations, was Who do you think is responsible? Who will be sued? Why this and why that..nothing t about the loss of 98 Americans. How do you think it makes them feel to have to look at that video..over and over. (the Parents, wives, children, ect.):( :( :( Bonnie

FACTS

FACTS

1. The recipient was in the United States illegally.

We don't need to go any farther than that......

.......and leave it at that. :p

R.I. fire

R.I. fire

That is a tough question, Bonnie. We really don't know if the band was given permission to do their pyrographics or what ever it was called. I guess that's why our parents always taught us not to play with fire, huh? I doubt it helps the families having every station showing this. I have never gone to a heavy medal concert, I went to a bryan adams concert once, but that wasn't very wild! My mom always tried to protect me, and now I understand why.

Rain don't make me come over there and eat on of them tacos of yours. I'll eat you out of house and home and then you'll really have a problem! ;)

I thought I had the last word! lol

I thought I had the last word! lol

Mr. Rossman.....

You must have forgotten that I have a 6' 8" 19 year old son...

Between him and his older brother.... lets just say, I?ve learned to keep the refrigerator well stocked. :p There ain't no way you could 'eat me out of house and home'....... SO THERE! :p

Now you be nice to me! :D

rAIN, fROM YOUR PICTURE YOU DONT LOOK OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A 19 YEAR OLD!! wHATS YOUR SECRET? YOU LOOK SO YOUNG..

:)

Wow folks-

We've got a common enemy in Saddam Hussein. Let's vent our wrath on him. He's a monster!!!

Let's be good to each other, we've all been through the most unimaginable things.

It's understandable that feelings will run high over the very, very unfortunate death of this child. It was a stupid, stupid mistake and hard to understand. There are many culprits in the plot, as I see it.

We're all wonderful people, with differing views. Let's calm down. Each will grieve in their own ways, and each will have private feelings. Arguing only serves to polarize feelings, and erode the goodness here.

Let's all concentrate on protecting our own medical care and being vigilant in all that we must go through, so nothing of this caliber happens to us or our loved ones.

Love ya'll.

Smmooooooooch

Smmooooooooch

Alicia,

What a very nice thing for you to say! The truth is... the 19 year old has a 22 year old brother. Yikes! I don?t feel old enough to have kids that old either. I was too young when I had my children.

I see you and I are almost exactly the same age and we both have had our mitral valves replaced. In spite of all the heart stuff I don?t feel 42. I think the ?secret? if there is one, is a person?s attitude.

Fighting, Nancy? Who?s fighting? Ross and I have already kissed and made up... :p Now we're having tacos together with Shezagirlie! :eek:

Hey, I am 25, and I have a nephew who is almost 17! Oldest brother is 38, and my mom is only 52. I am the youngest. My other brother, Scott is 35, and. WOW, she has been mom for a long time!

What a thread! Was Jesica a full fledge "illegal". Wasn't she in the US on an approved visa? Something of that nature I would assume or Duke wouldn't have touched her. Maybe a good thing in this case. It's sad, it's over....we will move past it as her family will. Good bless Jesica and her loved ones.

Marty also made some real good points on mortality rates at some of the "top" facilities. Staying close to home may be a better option for some. Just because they are rated #1,2,3, etc does not mean you are getting the best care. Count your very own blessings and enjoy each day!

Nancy is right

Nancy is right

Now they came out in the news late this afternoon..On Fox..that Saddam may have already mailed drone airplanes over here to be put together:eek: :eek: :eek: and carry poison gas..:eek: Radio hand conrolled.:eek: :eek: Could be spotted around large cities but could fly low enough out in rural areas:eek: :eek: I'm moving:D :D Bonnie

Back