Lisinopril Side Effects???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan CA

Hey everyone,

I was recently placed on Lisinopril (5mg once per day) by my cardiologist after an echo showed an increase in regurgitation.

After being on it for a week or so, I began to notice symptoms I had never had previously. Mostly shortness of breath upon mild exertion.

Before being on the Lisinopril, I was able to ride my bike several miles with no issues. After being on it, I was out of breath after a single flight of stairs.

I stopped taking it wednesday of last week, and felt completely normal again within a couple days. I looked all over on the internet and these type of symptoms aren't listed as a side effect of this medication.

I will be contacting the cardiologist tomorrow to discuss alternatives...but has anyone else had a similar experience on this stuff?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks Agian,

That was an informative link! Looks like my symptoms are very rare among patients taking lisinopril...less than 1%. Maybe it was something else.
I will see what the doc says...

Ryan, fwiw, I've been on it for two years, with no appreciable effects. I'm also a cyclist, up until recently riding ~100 miles a week. Good luck.

The most common side effect is a slight shallow cough.

There are many other options.

Latest posts

Back