LIFE Insurance Post Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryp

Hello All,

I hope you are having a nice summer.

I want to get feedback from any successful people who managed to obtain life Insurance post op. I had a avr and Aneurysm removal 2 years ago and am only 36 currently. I really need to get coverage for my family and hope there is a resident insurance person here to guide me!!

We are located in Socal.

Look forward to hearing from you

Cory

LIFE Insurance Post Surgery

Good Morning Cory.....

I am currently 7 weeks post-op, and I too had AVR/Aneurym surgery. Although I'm 57 years old and loaded with life insurance, I called my business insurance broker regarding your question. He believes that assuming a "good" family history and good surgical outcome, that you should certainly be insurable. He recently insured a 70 year old valver who just had his 2nd valve surgery.... Go For IT and Good Luck! BTW, he said the policy was underwritten by U.S. FINANCIAL??

BillB

I was able to get insurance after I was diagnosed with an AAA. A year after my surgery, I applied for a rate reduction and was denied. The state agent told me that the underwriters like to see five years of run time after surgery before they will consider rate reductions.
I just passed my 2nd anniversary the last week of June.

Just my two cents...

I was unable to obtain life insurance for a year to the date post-op.

Debi (debster913)

Post OHS Life Insurance

Post OHS Life Insurance

I had a good policy before my surgery. After OHS, I was having some financial troubles, as my short term disability payments didn't come in until after I'd been back at work for some time. I didn't have the money to pay my premiums. My agent suggested swapping policies, and even after I'd mentioned the surgery as a deal breaker, she persisted. I spent a couple of weeks jumping through hoops only to be declined. I managed to hold onto the original policy for years, and eventually lost the policy because I forgot to pay my premiums during my dad's final illness. I do have some coverage through my employer, so that is some comfort. All the best, Brian

Latest posts

Back