Left Kidney Renal Cysts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rufus

Hi,

I had a CT aortagram for chest pains and the results have come back (which i have discussed on a different thread) but one unrelated result was that i have left kidney renal cysts.

I am curious as to whether taking warfarin has contributed to me having these cysts. I had AVR dec 2007 and have been on warfarin since this period normal dosage is 11mg daily (77mg weekly). I have always been concerned that this is a large amount, i appreciate that the warfarin is assiting in keeping me going but if these cysts could be linked to my warfarin intake i will be looking for an alternative to this.

Any thoughts, experiences greatly received - thanks

You may have always had those renal cysts. A LOT of us take warfarin and my thinking is that if there WAS any link between warfarin and renal cysts, it would by now have become common knowledge, and a frequent complaint of those on this forum.

OTOH - if I knew that I had renal cysts, and was taking warfarin, I may be a bit more careful than usual because I wouldn't want to do anything to injure my kidneys.

Latest posts

Back