Leakage after Ross Procedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elsiedog

is there anyone out there who has had the Ross Procedure or knows someone who has and has had aortic valve leakage afterwards?. I have been trying to establish if a moderate level is failry normal or not, there seems to be alot of conflicting information available. I am told by my doctor that moderate leakage can quite easily be tolerated by the heart and that there is no reason to think it will either get worse or that the heart will struggle with this level. I am a little sceptical as I was told that test after the surgery showed no leak and yet now there is?

hi richard!
i just posted a reply to you on the jaytwo thread in presurgery.
would you consider e-mailing other (rp) doc's with your concerns? joey's surgeon, dr. paul stelzer, was not just a brilliant surgeon, he was an unbelievably warm man. he would come in every day and sit on joey 's bed and chat with us for about an hour after checking joey out. we would talk about families, etc. just a regular nice guy!!
he has a webpage and i'm sure if you e-mailed him, he would respond. he's just that kind of man/dr. you can contact him at:www.ps4ross.com/index.shtml.

other than that, would you consider getting other opinions about this?
you are in our thoughts and prayers.
be well,
sylvia

Sylvia,

I have emialed Paul and had a reply already, what a nice guy! His comments have been very helpful and have really set my mind at rest, thanks again for that.

Back