Laughlin 1/2 marathon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodi

I ran a 1/2 marathon this morning. This is the longest run I've done since my heel fracture in December. Not my favorite type of course, loose gravel road and hard packed sand; I like asphalt. The good thing about the course it ran along the Colorado River and was flat except for one very minor upgrade around mile 5. My happy time was 2:20, my satisfied time 2:35. Perfect weather with temps in the low to mid 50s at 7:30. My unofficial finish time was 2:34:42. The good side is my first 10 miles were all between 11:30 and 11:49 except for one at 11:11. My average HR was 135 which for me is 85-90% MAX. The last three miles were brutal slowing by over a minute a mile but my HR remained the same. My longest training run for this was 9.8 miles. My daughter and her sister-in-law both ran the 1/2, daughter 2:02 (her 2nd 1/2 marathon and an 8 minute PR, her sil 1:54..3rd in ag). My grandson (age 12) was 3rd overall in the 5K and first in his age group with a 19:40, our family exchange student was first in his age group 13-15), my roommate first in his AG (54) 24:26. I was also first in the 70-99 AG.
Next week another local 1/2.

Wow, two in a row. That's tough to repeat even if you did run within your comfort zone.

I know what you mean about running on gravel, you always end up with little stones in the shoes.

Kodi...great job! Feels great seeing the running gene passed on to new generations, doesn't it!:)

Hey Kodi, great job and I'll be thinking about you next weekend as I am pushing my self up those hills in the bike ride next weekend :D
Take care and have a great time next weekend, I know I'm looking forward to my ride. Debbie :)

Glad you and the family are enjoying your running and doing so well at it. I don't run any more, but my longest was a half marathon. I wasn't ready for it and thought it would never end. After that I stuck to 5ks and 10ks. I was never a good runner, but my husband, daughter, and son were, so I hung in there. Another family thing with some nice memories.

Im running my first 1/2 marathon on May 2. Been training for about 4 weeks and am getting into the longer runs now. Tomorrow I run 7 which will be my longest run of the year thus far. Next week I will do 8 which will match the longest run I've done, ever ! I don't care what my time is for the 1/2, I just want to run the whole thing and finish. It blows me away because a month before surgery I couldn't get to a 1/4 mile at pace just a bit faster than a brisk walk without chest pains and SOB. Now Im running 10 minute miles and the only thing that I have to deal with is trying to keep up with my wife !

Thanks for asking Debbie. I did 5 minutes better than last week with 2:30:45.
I wasn't quite as satisfied as I should have been thought I should have been closer to 2:20 but lack of the longer distances training runs takes its toll. Last weeks course was flat but on gravel then hard packed sand, this was all on pavement but there were several small short hills. We have had quite a bit of wind here lately and today it started earlier than usual so off and on going north we got hit but the return was more pleasant.
I finished 1st in my age group again, the good side of getting old. Not sure exactly what's up next but probably another half in Fontana, CA the end of May or first of June then I'm on a 12 person relay team for a 180miler in Salt Lake City area the middle of June. Will most likely run St. George Marathon (my favorite) the first Sat in Oct but am still considering the CA Wineglass in NY. I can't do both since they are only one day apart. :(

Latest posts

Back