Knot Over Scar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Don

Hi Alicia,
Great to hear from you -- and congratulations. Shortly after I got out of surgery I noticed a rather large knot sticking out from the top of my
incision. By the time I got back home it was quite noticeable poking up through my Tee shirt.
Thought that maybe I had turned female and had developed a third breast. When I asked the nurse about it she said it would go away. And I thought, "Yeah, sure". But in about the first month it disapeared entirely.
Keep those breathing excercises going, and walk, walk, walk. It sounds like you are doing well so far. Keep up the good work. It's worth it.
Best wishes,
Don,
AVR; MI; 4/02; CCF; Cosgrove; Bovine Tissue

hi Alicia

hi Alicia

So glad to hear that you are home and recovering okay ...you seemed to have had a bit of a rough time but that is all behind you now ....you must feel as though you are a little bit in shock...I know I did ...but this feeling does go ....
As to your knot ...do you mean the thread of the stitches or a lump?...I had both ...a huge lump at the top of my breastbone ....it took a while to go down but it is now normal ..and I had a knot of thread from the stitches ..which did take a while to come out ...even though they were disolving stitches some bits above the skin had to be taken out by a nurse ...hope this helps ..
Take care and stay in touch
Scottie

Thanks Don and Scottie (I have a brother named Scottie)
The knot is right above my incision and its pretty noticeable (by me) They used about 50 staples on my incision and I cant wait for them to come out on the 30th!! Its a rather long incision since they had trouble getting valve out due to so much scar tissue.
Im getting better everyday. Walking does me so much good. We are expecting a big snowstorm tonight so I may not be able to walk outside for awhile. Wish I had a treadmill now. My house is pretty big so I can walk thru it from one end to the other several times and get some exercise. :D

Hi Alicia,
I hope your recovery is going well. I ditto what was said above on the scar. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you well.
I had my surgery on January 19th, 2000. AVR at Saint Joseph Hospital in Tacoma. "Little steps in time will become BIG strides."
Take care ... Mark

Alicia

Alicia

the bump does go down, my spouse thought an alein was in there and about to burst out, it's more noticable to me now than to my family, cause it did go down.

Let us know how the staple removing goes, my scar post-surgery 3 months, is still quite red and sore, I can't wait for these nerve ending to heal.

Terry40

Latest posts

Back