Knee Cap Replacement coming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taysgrama

My ortho has finally decided that my knee cap needs replaced instead of my entire knee. Woo Hoo! NOT....From what I hear, either one is really painful and recovery takes 6 months to a year. Just what I wanted to hear. I see the surgeon for the first time on September 1st so am hoping that surgery can be put off til October when racing season is over. If it can wait til October 1st or, that will give me about 2 1/2 months before Christmas to at least get through alot of PT and hopefully be walking with a cane or without so I can do my Christmas shopping. If I had the $$$ now, I would get it all done before surgery, but like most people, we live paycheck to paycheck so that is not going to happen.

Has anyone here had knee cap or total knee replacement surgery since having OHS and being on coumadin? I know I will have to stop taking it, but not sure how many days since this surgery will be more invasive than my last one. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks all.....diana

Latest posts

Back