Kaiser has it right!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyW

I was just visiting my Kaiser Permanente website & they have a listing of all the medications my Dr. has prescribed. This was part of the info for Warfarin.

"This medication is used to treat blood clots and/or to prevent new clots from forming in your body. Preventing harmful blood clots helps to reduce the risk of a stroke or heart attack. Conditions that increase your risk of developing blood clots include a certain type of irregular heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation), heart valve replacement, and recent heart attack.Warfarin is commonly called a "blood thinner," but its more correct term is anticoagulant. It helps to keep blood flowing smoothly in your body by decreasing the amount of certain substances (clotting proteins) in your blood."

It's baffles me why many in the medical community still call it a "Blood Thinner".

KristyW said:
It baffles me why many in the medical community still call it a "Blood Thinner".

They probably first heard it from someone like me that doesn't communicate well and just pulled it out of the air at the time and somehow it stuck.

Kristy, As a radiologist working for Kaiser Falls Church VA I have found that I love the new electronic Health Connect where I can communicate with the patients and the doctors who referred them. The patients have access to all their records. It is the wave of the future. All of our Coumadin patients are managed by two PhD pharmacists and their staff. They really know what they are doing and the patients can contact them any time by computer or by phone.

Marty,

I love it too! E-mailing my Dr is great. Sometimes you have a question or concern that really doesn't warrant an office visit, but we know that phone calls are sometimes difficult to arrange. I love it.

I don't have access to my Anti-coag manager via e-mail yet tho :(

Soon, I hope.

Many Thanks

Many Thanks

Kristy: I have sent your message to our cardiologist, internist, and pharmasist.

What a nice way to put this. It is assuring that, FINALLY, we have this clearly stated.

Kindest regards,
Blanche

Latest posts

Back