just wondering........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruthienc1

At cardiac rehab last Friday they were having me go over some paperwork to make sure it was correct (insurance stuff, I think) and I noticed that, in addition to AVR, they had listed "endarterectomy of the ascending aorta" in the diagnosis space. That was the first I had heard anything of that. Oddly enough enough , that same day a copy of my surgical report was waiting in our mailbox and that confirmed that that had been done. I was surprised, in retrospect, that no mention was made of it- but maybe it's just very routine. It may have had something to do with the ocular event (tiny mini-stroke )I had in one eye 2 weeks post op, though)........would have been nice to know about earlier, I think. Does this procedure ring a bell with any of you? My arteries were clear, so I needed only AVR.

Endarterectomy is an artery clean, as they were replacing your aortic valve it would make sense for them to make sure your aorta was free of any debris before stitching up. Sounds as if the medics are really listing every small routine thing done on the insurance report; a cynic might think to maximise their revenue. :rolleyes:

Bonzo- I wasn't billed separately for this- it was just noted as part of the diagnosis on the rehab slip and it just got me wondering if they do it all the time........

Latest posts

Back