Just wanted to introduce myself

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Scott

Welcome Scott

I too had the same as you but didn't find out till age 62 after thinking I had asthma. Just want to say.......get the surgery!!!!......it's your gift of a second chance at life!!
Viki:)

HeartPart2 said:
there are some really great c.d.s that have pre op meditation and post op that did wonders for me and they have been tested by the mayo clinic and many ivy league schools.

Which CDs did you use and how did you use them? I'm particularly interested in whether you used them as you were going into surgery or as more of a pre-training in the time leading up to the surgery. Ditto about the post-CDs: when you were coming out of the surgery or later, as you were recovering? Thanks in advance.
Leah

Welcome, these forums are the best. I'm glad you found them. I wish you well.

Jeff.

another request for cd info

another request for cd info

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartPart2
there are some really great c.d.s that have pre op meditation and post op that did wonders for me and they have been tested by the mayo clinic and many ivy league schools.

Hi- I'll be facing AVR soon and am very interested in finding out specifics about the pre-op meditation cd's you mentioned.......Thanks!

Ruth........in the Waiting Room (May)

Thank you all for the great words of comfort.

I was originally scheduled to see a surgeon on May 6th, but through a little luck (by actually working for a health system) I got my appointment moved up to tomorrow. So in that, I am happy.

But this weekend was supposed to be my Spring Fishing trip. Had to cancel but the rest of the guys are still going up to the Pere Marquette river here in Michigan. I may be a bit grumpy this weekend.

I am taking the opportunity to get back into my writing. With the upcomming downtime, I may get something actually finished.

Hello, Scott

My name is Joey 30 yrs old and I recently had my surgery done on April 04/08.I was in the exact same situation as you. Went for a routine check up the Dr. told me that I have a heart murmur and need to see a cardiologist, ok no big deal. Seen the Card. and I thought he would give me some pills and everything is going to be fixed up instead he told me that i needed open heart surgery for a valve replacement. My head almost hit the floor then i thought it was some kind of joke or mistake. anyway it took a couple of days to let the news sink in. Still sinking in.... And here i was at the end of hockey season getting ready for spring hunt, looking forward for baseball season and getting the boat/camper ready for the summer holidays. Physically in shape, no symptons what so ever and within 3 week period went for a routine check up to some Dr. telling me i need open heart surgery ASAP.
Wow- what a kick in the balls. So here i am 2 months after the routine check recovering from my heart surgery getting use to not what to eat, no more smoking, have to put a limit on my drinking and get my rest. But overall it was worth it, the Dr. told me that i would of had severe heart complications within a year if i didnt have the surgery because my valve was leaking badly for to long and the heart was working to hard for to long and almost doubled in size. I was scared before the operation but the Dr's know what there doing you have to learn to place ut trust in them. I've been looking at these sites for a bit and haven't come across any horror storys yet. take care

joe

Hi Joey. Welcome to the VR Community, especially a fellow Canuck. Glad you found us and decided to post. Why don't you start a new thread to introduce yourself. You'll likely get more hits that way.

Latest posts

Back