Just thinking aortic valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

K need some explation on this since my mitral surgery
in Jan and now its really bugging me.

My aortic valve 18 years is patient prothesis mismatch and last
cardio appt in june my gradients were high,so my question is how
does this happen size 21 carbo is too small,my 29 st Jude fits
so did i outgrow this valve so to speak,or did they put this size
in cus they had no other,like how often does this occur for some of
us in % or am i the oddball here.

Sometime my mind works overtime which tonight im trying to figure
it all out and why they didnt do both.....YES i know why they didnt
do both.....so instead i'm trying to figure out why this mismatch i find
out 18 years later and told it will likely mean 3rd surgery does it just
happen in our sleep in 18 years.

Maybe these are dumb questions and i need to save em for my
:confused: cardio in DEC but sure dont understand the mismatch of it
Do understand its not working great,so am i a small percentage or
large pecentage of this?...anyone explain...THANKS

The aortic and mitral valves are naturally diiferent sizes, with the mitral being the larger of the two. While a 21 is small for an aortic valve, a 29 is not overly large for a mitral valve.

Best wishes,

Bob, you're here ! I have never met her, but I think zipper2 is not a large person, and that might explain the smaller valve sizes.

Deb : when I can't sleep, I think of a category, like streets in my town, or vegetables, or something like that. Get comfy, wrapped up the way you like in your blanket, then close your eyes and think of three breeds of dog (or whateer your category is!) that start with the letter A, then the letter B, and I can assure you that you will be doing the big Z thing before you get anywhere close to the Zs in the alphabet!

Bob, you're here ! I have never met her, but I think zipper2 is not a large person, and that might explain the smaller valve sizes.

Deb : when I can't sleep, I think of a category, like streets in my town, or vegetables, or something like that. Get comfy, wrapped up the way you like in your blanket, then close your eyes and think of three breeds of dog (or whateer your category is!) that start with the letter A, then the letter B, and I can assure you that you will be doing the big Z thing before you get anywhere close to the Zs in the alphabet!

Alrighty my problem was remembering what and how the cardio explained
my problems with the aortic valve now....so went back to the tape recording
and answered my own haunting questions that led me to have to listen again
DENIAL is better word for me i think not (cant sleep lol)

Basically his explanation is the surgeon 18 years ago did put in too small
of an arotic valve sometimes for unknown reason,maybe he felt it was right
size...whatever when they did my mitral other surgeon saw it needed changed
but couldnot get authorization of go ahead as my risk was too high for stroke or massive heart attack needs to be done upon seperate surgery and is showing it has alot of flaws and this is caused from ppm (prothesis patient mismatch) he called it when the size of valve is incorrect,how long will this take before symptoms start showing only i will know,but it will happen in time
he even quoted 1 year and feels my afib also will return do to this mess.
so to speak also some sort of bend in the aortic valve not sure what that means he never used the word bend ,forget what he used and dont wanna hear the recording again but this is what i have ppm with alot of other crap
happening to the valve because of mismatch....so there cant wait for the 3rd train wreck maybe i'll cross this track safer and it will never run me over;)
YEAH RIGHT...one day at a time

Latest posts

Back