Just put on Coreg

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilteach3234

I was just put on Coreg yesterday to lower my BP and slow my pulse.

It made me feel really bad. I woke up this morning feeling l like I was going to explode from my throat all the way to the top of my scalp. It finally went away but terrified me.

Anyone on this med?

It's a well known, widely used medication and considered very effective. However, if you get severe side effects, you might need something different.

I was on Coreg for a while but it made me too tired. However, it worked well otherwise.

I was just recently switched back to Coreg from Metoprolol
. Both these drugs do the same thing but in trials,Coreg came out on top for the best venticular help. I like it much better,,doesnt sap my energy. Try giving it some time to adjust to your system.
You were probably started on a low dose,,you may feel better as it is increased.
good luck

Hi lilteach,

I've been on Coreg about a month to keep the ol' BP in check because of my aneurysm. I've been having problems with fatigue for a couple of years and it seems to have worsened since starting this med.

However, I do think there's an adjustment period so I'm willing to give it a chance before complaining to the cardio. Not sure it's done all that much for my BP but do think it's helped with the palpitations I've been having.

Take care.

Cheers,
Michelle

I was put on Coreg as of the third day of surgery as my pulse went way up! I was taking 25 mg twice a day. Then lowered to half the dose twice a day. I never felt what you said...just the opposite I felt good as my heart slowed down, but when it started to lower my BP too way down and started to feel dizzy, the doctor asked me to skip the morning pill and keep it at night. But, as of mid-February, I am off it as I started to feel dizzy and light headed all the time on that little dose.

My pulse is between 80-100 and my BP is 100/70-110/80.

What is the dose you are taking and how high is your pulse?

I am sure you shall benefit from it if it is the right dose for you.

I think I might have had a med interaction.

I had taken the Coreg around 8pm as that's what time I got it picked up from the pharmacy.

I then took my night time Gabapentin for restless leg and my sleep med.

They changed me to taking my Coreg early morning and all the other meds in the evening....I've been okay since.

My BP had been real low and then real high and pulse rate was high. I'm on 20 mg. and can feel the pulse slowing and the valve not throwing me out of the bed.

I hope we get it all worked out and I don't need anything to fatigue me....I'm fatigued enough without any help.

Are you on Coreg or CoregCR? I have been on Coreg for a while and there is a period of adjustment. With Coreg though, you should be taking it twice a day...once in the morning and once in the evening. However, CoregCR is only once a day...it is a delayed prescription to work the same way as Coreg.

On a side note, you may want to ask your doctor about the generic for Coreg. I know on my health plan CoregCR was $60, Coreg was $35 and the generic is the $4 Walmart. I have been on all 3 in the past and they all work the same.

Are you on Coreg or CoregCR? I have been on Coreg for a while and there is a period of adjustment. With Coreg though, you should be taking it twice a day...once in the morning and once in the evening. However, CoregCR is only once a day...it is a delayed prescription to work the same way as Coreg.

On a side note, you may want to ask your doctor about the generic for Coreg. I know on my health plan CoregCR was $60, Coreg was $35 and the generic is the $4 Walmart. I have been on all 3 in the past and they all work the same.

Oooopsie....it is Coreg CR. I do feel better taking it in the morning. I do notice though that my pulse feels like it's beating fast again by evening...around bedtime.

I know all this will pass. I am wiped out and sleep late in the morning even though I'm going to bed around 10 or so. Today I had lots of energy....cleaned out the fridge (yuck) and did a few things around the house.

My family made lots of promises with the housework, but those promises aren't holding up....I just can't stand it anymore.

Latest posts

Back