Just posting another update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri73

Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi and post another update on how things are going here. I'm still in the hospital - got out of ICU last night and moved to a normal cardiac room (they're all private and renovated, which is nice).

I have at least 30lbs of water weight/swelling from my tummy to my feet - that floors me! I guess I got 16 bags of blood (not including the frozen plasma) over last Wed-Thurs-Fri. Crazy!

I've been walking a couple times a day with the rehab girls... which can be painful, and other times okay - I feel about 100x better in a normal room, though - very excited to be out of the ICU and much more comfortable down here, which is good.

Had an echo today and everything looked okay, plus a pacer check - I'll still get a new pacer before I leave, which I still don't anticipate being until next week sometime. Here I anticipated being in the hospital for a week and it will turn into 3-4 weeks. Crazy crazy crazy!

Anyway, I think that's all I have for an update right now... just wanted to say hi and let you all know I'm still doing okay - every day gets a little better.

Talk to you all soon!
Kerri :)

kerri, glad things are getting better for you; however, I can't seem to find any previous update . . . maybe I am not looking in the right places; did you know the forum was down entirely for about 10 days? maybe your post got whoooooshed off into cyberspace? If you feel up to it, details, girl, details! Why did you need so much blood??

Hi Kerri,
Glad that you are finally out of ICU and hopefully this will be the turnaround for you. Hang in there and will keep sending you positive vibes.

kerri I got it - I had searched on threads started by you, so I missed it.

Wow, what a ride! I think you've had all the bumps for everybody thrown at you! Hoping things go smoothly now, and that you don't hit no more bumps (sorry about the language, it is jus too early in the morning for me to think coherently!)

Your sounding better then you probably feel, but hey, your on this side of the dirt and that's all that matters. ;)

Just had to go get caught up on your story - wow. I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't believe you're doing such a good job typing!!!! Wishing you a smooth recovery from here on out!

Latest posts

Back