June 12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam

I have been reading this on this site for years and it has proved so helpful I can't thank people enough. My bicuspid aortic valve has finally caused enough trouble it needs to be replaced and this is happening this Wednesday at 0900. I was planning on an Ony-x valve, but the surgeon convinced me to go with a tissue valve (procine). I should be more anxious about this, but when one has been mentally preparing for years, when the date finally arrives, I am finding it to be more of a relief. The only symptoms I am having are an enlarged LV (reason surgeon said NOW is the time) and som SOB upon exertion. I am going with Teply MD at Swedish Edmonds in Seattle. Hope to be gardening in a couple months. Hate that I don't get to play my fiddle for the summer.

All the best. :) all will go well. :) Gardening? you should be doing everything soon. :) take it easy. :) keep us posted.

Thanks, will definitely update here as soon as I can. This time tomorrow I will be surgery. . .a bit sobering indeed. Show up at the hospital tomorrow at 0530 for the big day.

I am going in later this summer, same situation: known for years, relieved it's finally here. Good luck, and I hope you pick that fiddle up again, soon!

Liam,

Sending in good vibes. All the best. See you on the other side. Keep us updated. :)

Best of luck! It's an interesting experience. Soon you'll be relaxing and catching up on missed TV or something else enjoyable like I've been this week. :-]

Latest posts

Back