Johnny Stephens Update #3

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrsgeek

Johnny is finally off the respirator!

Finally, he was considered well enough yesterday, and he came off of the respirator about mid-day. He has been on sedatives and pain killers for so long, he is waking up very slowly. We have a goal of getting up and walking around by tomorrow. Today will be for sitting up (and more waking up!). I stayed with him thru out the night to give him ice chips and sips of water as well as to make sure he accomplished his breathing exercises when ever he was awake.

He is in suprisingly good spirits.

Finally, he is coming down off of the mountain!

Kathy,
his wife

Hi Kathy,

That is such good news!! Please tell him hello for me, and that I hope the rest of his recovering is a fast and healthy one.

ps.. Let him stay on top of that mountain and enjoy the view. We don't want him slipping down!

Rob

Good News

Good News

so glad to hear the good news about Johnny ..he has been through a tough time ..please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery ...I'm hoping it won't be too long before he is home .Thanks Kathy for keeping us up to date ...
Best Wishes
Scottie

Congratulations Kathy. It has sounded like a really harrowing experience. Keep those ice chips and water (when he can take) it coming; that dehydration is so severe when you're in ICU.

Glad things are looking up.

Oh Kathy-

This is such great news. Now maybe you both can exhale. He's fought the good fight and won. Tell him congratulations from Joe and me. He's got fine spirit and wonderful help from you.

I hope the road is straight and smooth from now on.

Thanks for letting us know.

congrats

congrats

I just wanted to say that I am happy for Jhonny. He and I had our surgeries the same day. My surgery was successful and I was discharged on 4/22/02.

Greg Golden
Boca Raton, FL

Hi Kathy,

Such great news to hear. I'm glad Johnny is over that hurdle. It's all downhill from here. He will be feeling much better in no time. Say "HI" from both Tina and I and tell him not to rush to much. :)

Greg, Congrats on your surgery. Nice to have it over with I'm sure.

Chris

What a RELIEF to hear the GOOD NEWS about Johnny !

Thanks for keeping us informed Kathy. I expect by now you feel as if you have been through as big an ordeal. Best wishes to both of you for an uneventful recovery from here on.

KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON !

'AL'

Great news! The worst is behind you and the rest is all downhill. Congratulations to both of you!

Ron K

Go Johnny go! Great to hear of the big improvement, and we'll keep radiating those good healing vibes your way!
--John

Great news indeed!

I haven't let him slip through the prayer cycle, so he should be doing well very soon.

Hooray!

Bravo!!

Well done!

We are SO glad things are back on the track down the mountain!

Wayne and Marybeth

Relef hugs for you both, Kathy. Rest when you can - as he rests, I guess. You'll be the one doing the nursing at home, so ease as much as you can to prepare for that. Know you have been through some harrowing times during the past week but seems things will be moving right along to good health now. God bless

hi kathy!
thank you so much for letting us know that johnny is doing so well after that initial scary time. please tell him not to rush his recovery; rest and relax. i was so thrilled to hear that he's off the respirator. such good news.
please wish him a smooth recovery from here on in and send him our best.
be well, sylvia

Hi Kathy

Great news about Johnny. He's on the road to recovery now. Keep us posted with his progress.

Such Good News

Such Good News

Way to go Johnny AND Greggo!!

When you're up to it, we look forward to your story and any details you can remember. In the meantime, take advantage of your time to rest up and make more positive progress.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back