joey's 5th year anniversary!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
today is joey's 5th year anniversary of his ross procedure. wow!
where does the time go? i am so thrilled! i think the 5 year marker_ for some reason_ was very crucial to me (not sure why).

funny thing though, joey doesn't consider himself a "heart patient". i know he's not the only one and i think it's because he wants to feel as "normal" as everyone else. anyone else feel this way?

we often talk about the weeks surrounding his surgery (9/11) and how it will always be so memorable to us.

in any case, i am so happy and thank God for each day.
stay well all,
sylvia

My husband had his aortic valve replacement on 9/11/01. We just celebrated his 5th anniversary also. Its a great feeling and heres to many many more. Congratulations.

Congrats!

Congrats!

...to you both.

I'm expecting a call from Dr. Stelzer today and I'll mention the anniversary to him. With the attention he gives to each patient, I won't be surprised if he knows already. :)

Does Joey have any stenosis or regurgitation with either valve now? When was his last echo?

Hey Sylvia
I am so glad to hear how well Joey has been doing.:) I hope he has many more years ahead of him.

A "hearty" congratulations to Joey and to you. You are quite a team and I wish the very best that the future has to offer you.

Congratulations!!!!
you are lucky to have such support in each other!

Congratulations on this wonderful milestone. I think a lot of us feel similar to that 5 year mark and how important it is! Enjoy the day (week) and try to celebrate. It truly is worth some celebrating. Congrats again and may you and Joey have many many more anniversaries to celebrate in the coming years.

Congratulations! My husband just had his Ross 3 weeks ago last Monday, so to me, 5 years sounds just wonderful. I'm glad to hear your family is doing so well, and that there is hope that our life will return to "normal" some day!! My husband, DJ, is doing very well and is beginning to ease back into some routine activities, which is nice. I'm sure that years from now, we will also look back at this time and remember how it brought us closer. Thanks for sharing!

i dont know about you guys, but im starting to suspect this "Joey" character - who is suspiciously absent from this thread - is a mere figment of someone's imagination!

just kidding of course, best wishes as always

Can attest that Joey does exsist. Met him is person;) How long ago was that Chicago reunion?:confused: Anyway.....

Joey - congrats on your five year marker. Many many more happy and healthy years to come.:)

thanks all!

thanks all!

thank you for all your well wishes. i think i'm more thrilled than joey about this 5 yr. marker!

stretch,
last echo was a few months ago and so far so good.
they did find a fistula a year after his surgery that , at first, was thought to be a severe leak. instead, he has a trivial leak and what is called a fistula (not a big deal, they just watch it and it may seal itself up_ so far no change) that dr.stelzer said came from all the cutting they do during surgery.
his cardio says it's not a big deal (they did a tee at the time to be sure).

joey is dr. stelzer's #304 ross, if that helps any!
take care all and be well,
sylvia

Lots of us remember it well. Congratulations on an important milestone. The first year is important, too - that's when 5 yrs seems so far away. It's never a distant memory, tho, is it, no matter which anniversary.

"The first year is important, too - that's when 5 yrs seems so far away. It's never a distant memory, tho, is it, no matter which anniversary." (don't know how to use the quote button yet.. on my computer it shows the words "quote")

ann, i couldn't have said it better myself.

LUVMyBirman said:
Can attest that Joey does exsist. Met him is person;)

Same here!

LUVMyBirman said:
How long ago was that Chicago reunion?

3 years ... 2003 ... remember, the Cubs were in the playoffs.....

*sighs*

Congratulations, Joey!!!!

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"It goes so fast" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Was That My Life?'

Bravo!
I know exactly what you mean about reliving all of the moments surrounding surgery. Some days we wake up and can't believe what we've been through;
then I see my scar and get a jolt of reality. Somehow there's a strange comfort in revisiting those times!
Good for you,
Terry

Congratulations to you both. Funny, Dick doesn't consider himself a heart patient either, but I do.;) We also often relive the surgery, but he just keeps moving on and doing everything and more than he did before. Wishing you many more happy anniversaries!:D

Latest posts

Back