JoeG's Wife-We have a Surgery Date

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa3526

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great information. We received a reponse from Blanche to look into the AZ Heart Institute. We did Monday and here we are today-With a Surgery Date :eek: After numerous test and a CT Scan (64 slice) the Surgeon decided no repair to the aorta root is needed. He said in surgery if needed he would "wrap" it? But, there is no need to cut and repair. Dr. Diethrich (trained under Dr. DeBakey) and Dr. Ghazoul will be performing the AVR on May 5, 2009. Keep us in your thoughts and Prayers ;) Thanks! Also can anyone advise how long we can expect for Joe to be in the hospital ?

Thank you,
Melissa

Hi Melissa,
Well good luck to you both come the 5th of May. I can't say for certain how long Joe would be in the hospital. I had surgery on a Monday and was turned loose on Friday. So I think it would depend on how he does post-op and of course his doctors. But in any case, keep us updated. God Bless You Both:)

Hi, Melissa!
I'm glad Joe's got his date. I've put him on the calendar, so it's official!;)

It makes it all so real with the date. The wait is nearly over. Prayers and best wishes as you both prepare.

Melissa,
As I mentioned in you PM, Dr. Ghazoul was my surgeon and I really liked him. As far as the stay, like someone mentioned it depends on how quickly Joe recovers and I really think his physical condition going into surgery. My surgery was on a Thursday morning and I was release Sunday Morning. Quite a short stay for someone that was 68 at the time of surgery. Good luck on May 5. Good thoughts and prayers will be coming your way.

Thankfully you've got a short wait--good luck to you both, Melissa. I went in on a Tuesday for my cath, and they kept me there; the surgery was on Thursday, and I left the following Tuesday. I'm a 61 year-old who had a fried aortic valve, but did really well in recovery. Of course it depends on Joe's physical condition and how the surgery goes, but I'm here to tell you that a positive attitude goes a long way toward speeding the healing.

We'll be pullin' for you here, and do keep in touch. Give that guy a smooch for me, too. (I guess I just like the idea of smoochin' guys . . . ).

I'll make sure to give him a big smooch for you BigOwl :) I'm so thankful for all of you, and the wealth of information you have provided. I'll keep you updated, Thanks

Melissa the waitings the worst,so glad you have
the 5th of may....Prayers for you and joe.almost over with
i know my waiting drove me crazy,time will fly now for you's.

zipper2 (DEB)

Back