Joe was in the ER

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I just brought Joe home from the ER. He had chest tightness and SOB symptoms, it was a little bout with CHF, but was resolved with IV Lasix. They were considering admitting him, but things looked better so he was sent home. Yeah!

He'll be on extra Lasix for three days, restricted liquids and of course, his no salt diet.

I had to remind them to give him his Coumadin (more like insist). It never ends!

Glad he is okay...

Glad he is okay...

Nancy, I'm really glad he is okay and home. Joe is so lucky to have such a helpful and dedicated spouse as you are. I'm sure he appreciates it to--at least I certainly hope so. Bless his heart, he just seems to have so much to contend with. I hope you are taking as good care of yourself as you are of him. Happy Holidays. Susan:cool:

Nancy
Glad this trip to the ER was resolved relatively painlessly. Tell Joe to hang in there. And, you hang in there, too. These things must be just as hard, if not harder, on you.

-Mara

Nancy - you tell him to cut that out. We don't need ANY incidents right here at the holidays. Too much other stuff getting in the way. Seriously, Nancy, you are a saint and I admire you. You and Joe have my most sincere wishes during this time in your lives. It isn't always easy even when noone is sick but it gets harder when one of a couple is - been there, but it does make you appreciate one another so much more than you ever did before. It sort of brings life to the forefront and helps you know the value of what you have with your loved one. God bless you, Nancy (Joe, too)

Really! None of this nonsense toward the holidays.

Nancy, you've got to be an awfully edgy person. It never stops for you two, does it?

Well, you know what I think of the both of you, so I won't carry on in the thread.

Love,
Ross :)

Hi Nancy

Got to agree with Henslyee and Rossman.....NONE of this nonsense before the holidays. So glad he is back home and doing ok. I'll put you both in my prayers tonight.

Ev

Nancy,
Glad to hear Joe got OUT of the ER and back home! Like everyone else stated, this is a rotten time of year for this. ( like there's ever a good time of year for this...) Best wishes and keep us informed!
Les

Nancy,

I'm glad to hear that you got Joe home & settled in.
Thanks for taking such good care of Joe & being a great inspiration for the rest of us. I agree with the others, you truly are a Saint!

Judy

Hi Nancy,

Glad Joe is okay and that you were able to bring him home. Yes, it never ends sometimes.

God Bless and Happy Holidays!

Christina
Tucson, AZ

Nancy, Im so glad Joe is doing better and didnt have to be admitted to the hospital. You take such good care of him. Can I borrow you for a few months?

hi nancy!
what a scare that must have been for you. i'm so glad that joe's home and on his way to feeling better.
please let us know how he does over the next few days, ok?
hope you get to relax a bit too.
wishing you all the best, sylvia

Glad to hear Joe is home

Glad to hear Joe is home

It is much easier to recouperate at home. Hope that Lasix helps (I am sure it will).

Give him my best and to keep on clicking.

Gisele

Nancy

Nancy

Hopefully that extra lasix won't allow him to do much of anything, he'll have to stay close to home. Hope he gets cleared out fast. That CHF is a horrible feeling. Joe you be good & take care of yourself. Peggy

Nancy and Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear you guys had to go through such a scare again, but am thankful it's turned out OK and Joe's got a fix with the Lasix.

I hate the ER, even though I know a lot of the people in the one where I 'frequent'.:rolleyes: They always just want to treat you for heart attack right away and it always takes a while to get them to understand you have a chronic condition related to the valve which is a bit different.

Then, as soon as they realize you're not dying in the next few minutes, they forget about you for hours! Once, I was taken in for a chest x-ray and afterwards they left me there in the freezing cold for hours until there was a change of shifts. I lost my voice calling for them. Go figure if something serious would have happened.

Anyway, our prayers are with you guys, especially because you've been such a help and blessing for all of us.

God bless.

The ER is pretty good at our local hospital. Plus they just got a big influx of money and redid the whole place. It's quite nice now.

Ordinarily Joe would just call his card with CHF type symptoms and get a higher dose of Lasix or even a quickie Zaroxolyn. But this time, he had a number of other things which could or could have not been related to CHF. It all had to be sorted out. Joe's complicated, even for the doctors. I guess his body is all "weirded out" from all of the surgeries and other things he's had. Strange things can happen very suddenly to him, so when he has something I'm not familiar with on a regular basis, off he goes to his home away from home. He did have a little anemia along with his CHF.

He feels a little better now and was able to use the treadmill yesterday, slowly. He's still tired, but his weight is more normal and his breathing is better.

He's got a cardiology appt. and a pacemaker interrogation this month, so we'll have some double checks.

Last edited:
Nancy , wish I had something witty to say, but just that it is the pits that Joe had this flare up. It is so hard for you two to keep up your spirits when things just keep happening and yet that is the way it is isn't it. Hope things even out for the holidays for you. Does the winter weather get to him?

Christina...I love your Garfield and his snowflakes!

Nancy

So sorry to hear about Joe. Hope all is good for the Holidays. You have been such an inspiration to all of us here and you both deserve the best.

Chris E. and myself will keep you both in our prays.

Nancy, glad to hear that Joe just visited the hospital and was not asked to stay. You don't need that during the holidays or at any time, actually. Just continue to hang in there for him and I'm sure he'll continue to hang in there for you. I've already said prayers for you both and will continue to do so. Keep us up to date on things. Take care.

Hi Joe and Nancy,

Stay out of the emergency room, but if you have CHF, it is the only place to be!

Hope that you are both doing better!

John & Joann
Clicking for a long time in Western Ohio.

Hi Nancy and Joe!
I've been away for a few days, so today is the first I have heard about Joe having to go to the ER. I am so sorry to hear you both had to go through that. I'm glad that he was able to go home and didn't need to be admitted. What a horrible thing to have happen around the holidays. I wish you both the best and I hope Joe is doing better.

Take Care!
Gail

Latest posts

Back