Jimeskimo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

It's getting about that time now for you to be setting foot on the path up the mountain. You know that many hands and hearts are with you as you travel along. Just think about all of those who have been there before you and are right here now thinking of your trip, sending prayers along with you. GODSPEED

Grand Opening

Grand Opening

Hi Everyone,
I'm jimeskimo's daughter and would like to thank all of you for supporting my dad for the last several weeks. He's alot stronger and more confident about the outcome of his surgery than I am. I will be picking him up from the ferry in Seattle on Tuesday morning to go have his blood cross-typed and screened. After that we'll go have lunch and return to my house. He has three grandkids that are aware of what is going on, his fourth is too young at 4 1/2. I'll make dinner, the kids will make him crazy and then off to sleep. We'll leave here at zero dark ugh to go to the UW. He asked me to let all of you know how the surgery went when all is said and done, and now I can. You people are an inspiration and make me feel guilty about complaining about the small things that make me nuts. I can't imagine being in your shoes. Thanks everyone and I'll get back to you around 2:00 pm pacific time.
Laura Carlson

Hi Laura, welcome to the site. Your dad is in good hands at UW! I had Dr. Verrier for my surgeon and received excellent care there...at least 2 others on this site (joy and mainframe) also had Dr. Verrier.

Let us know if you need anything...

Hey Laura - welcome. It's probably going to be a lot harder for you the next couple days than your dad. Once he goes in the hospital, he's lost control and somebody else has him in THEIR hands and ain't nothing he can do to change a thing, at that point. Meanwhile, you are wearing the worry hat and you want to change everything. He's going to be fine and you will, too - once it's all over. We look forward to hearing from you. And, BTW, you are included in prayers, as well. God bless

Good Morning Laura....You will both be in our prayers....I'm sure your Dad will be fine. Actually, I think the ones waiting have a much more difficult time of the surgery....we always think, "what if" or What happens next?" Your Dad will be ok....thanks for keeping us posted.

Go with God.

Evelyn

Hi Laura-

Welcome to the site, and it's wonderful that you will be able to keep us informed about your dad. He'll be fine, and after a period of healing, he'll be better than before, and able to enjoy life with his family.

It's tough to watch one you love have to have this surgery, I know, but it's all for the best and he needs to have it done to prolong his life.

Take care and remember that he'll be in good hands.

I'll be watching, waiting, and praying also.
It's hard on you and the family and it will be hard on your dad too, but in a different way.

My own heart surgery (AVR) went well. I had complications because of some underlying lung problems.

We all will be here for both you and your dad.
Thanks for letting us know.

Ross

Hi Laura,

I wish the best of luck to you and your Dad. I hope all goes as smoothly as possible.

You're in for a few hectic days, but all will turn out okay and Grand Pop will be back playing with the young ones before you know it.

We'll be watching for your posts.

Ron K

Hi Laura,

Doesn't seem like that long ago I went in for my "day before" testing. Everyone at the UDUB is great and will take good care of your dad. Will be looking forward to hearing he is over the top and doing well in his recovery. Please wish him well.

Hi Laura

Hi Laura

I had my 6 month checkup today and I believe I can still outrun my 10 year old grandson (wishful thinking):D But felt that way when I left the Cardiologist office today..after hearing that all is good. and no checkup's, ect. for a year. Just to check in for brief visits..Tell Jim..He will do fine and we will help you with him post-op when he comes home. Will he stay with you?
Bonnie

My very best wishes to your dad as he prepares to go up the mountain as many here call it.

I just hate following Bonnie around like this but it is a darn sight better than following some I can think of.

Bonnie stalker,

Bill

hi laura!
thank you so much for offering to keep us posted on your dad's condition_ we really appreciate it.
you and your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers over the next few days.
wishing you all the best, sylvia

Jimeskimosgirl

Jimeskimosgirl

I told ya she was the gabby one,but she meant wed.pick up at the ferry.Well Thursday it will be up to God and the Team,great combo,and as I start up that "Mountain"I'm sure I'l see you guys standing at the top waving me on.

:D

Evening everyone,
Dad's here at my house, just made him a bigger dinner than he was probably supposed to eat but it was early enough I hope. The kids are being unusually quiet, maybe I should have him over more often!! It's a long drive for him in the past, but might be more enjoyable in the future after tomorrow.
We'll be leaving at 5:00 am to the grand opening. He wants me to just drop him off at the front door and stop by on the weekend! Does he actually think I would do that? I'll be there until the Doc comes out and says everthing went well and then go home and try to catch some zzzz's until the kids get home. I'll let all of you know how everything went before I take a nap. Thanks everyone for your support of my dad in this.
Laura

We'll be anticipating another update from you soon.
Thanks Laura, it's great to have someone to look after you and such, when your in the hospital.

Hi Laura

Hi Laura

It's 3:15 p.m. your time. Hope you are taking that nap and I know your Dad is in good hands..:) :) He will wake up tomorrow and never know what happened. Good stuff. that ICU drugs.:D Do you know if your Dad's hospital has patient e-mail delivered to room? Will he be coming home to you..Probably next Tuesday. You take care, Bonnie:)

Latest posts

Back