Japanese Steak House Food.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc_kowal

My wife and I like to go out for a nice hibachi dinner every other month or so. I'm on coumadin, so I know I need to watch how much of the vegetables I consume, but are there any problems with consuming sushi, the ginger salad dressing, or the wasabi paste (which I love)? Just want to make sure I don't do something I shouldn't when we we go next time.

Thanks!!

You will probably get all sorts of good advice in the anticoagulation forum, but generally, if you are dosing your diet and generally eat a descent amount of greens, don't worry too much about it.

Dose to your diet not the other way around. My INR does move around and when it gets to the lower level 2.5 I watch the greens a little. When it is up towards the top 3.5 I go after the greens. With this diet and exercise I have been within range for 5 months. The first time since my surgery. Home testing weekly now also.

Marc, there is no K in wasabi, reasonably little in ginger salad, assuming its the light greens and ginger dressing, also seaweed (stuff they wrap sushi with) is surprisingly low in K.
I use google a lot with query Vitamin K in "put your veggie or whatever here". Being a sashimi and sushi fiend I did that search a lot, early on ;)

Latest posts

Back